'Tree' Bees

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The tree is slowly breaking its branches and falling apart. Eventually it will have to come down

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I had read this earlier but to the interest of those who find this later with the same problem.

If they kept moving/swarming to your house or elsewhere that would be perfect to just simply set up a hive and cross your fingers they move in and you have a swarm with out a removal. The tree could last a couple of years more. Also swarm traps are nice. NOTE I tried this and they only looked at my swarm trap.
It's nice to have a steady supply of feral's. If the branchs are falling they should still be good for years IF you don't take the tree out or a weird strong wind.

Also EVERYONE is worried about southern bee's beeing Afracanized. It's not as common as many think but something to ALWAYS consider. Also the queen can mate with 1 afracanized drone and many that are not. Therefore you can't get into a hive for a long time after they are just wonderful and easy to work. Then you Think about requeening and then they are nice again. Rare but possible. If so requeen.