Trying new foods.....maybe.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Polar bear eh? Was it tasty?? I'm not a huge fan of "internal" organs and cow tongue unfortunetly falls into that category for me so I've been holding off on it but... I'm thinking of doing it this upcoming year

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
She says polar bear is very fatty so best ground up. Caribou was dry, they wrapped bacon around it to make it more tender. We have an on-going joke about innards etc. being called offal for a reason :D

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She says polar bear is very fatty so best ground up. Caribou was dry, they wrapped bacon around it to make it more tender. We have an on-going joke about innards etc. being called offal for a reason :D
Polar bear sound like the goat I raised my last year of high school for FFA (we ate one sold the other) needless to say goat ribs are quite fatty in my opinion but goat makes for amazing stew meat and jerky :drool
Caribou is another one of those foods I'd like to try someday!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Tongue, if cooked properly is actually very nice. My mom does amazing things with it. Even my fussy, x-vegan husband couldn't stop after tasting the tongue she cooked for us!

I'll try and have tried just about anything meat-wise, but I draw the line at insects!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll admit that the thought of eating bugs doesn't really appeal to me. Nor do earthworms. But, both are higher in protein than regular meat.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Then we'll just have to eat a bit more regular meat :p

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lol eating a few bugs doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Espeacilly since I started realizing how much protein is bug proteins. My twin wants to do a cricket tank for eating in our house since we're both okay with eating them but our mum freaks out every time we talk about it and says she'll quit coming over if we do it... Might have to do some sneaky bug raising here :confused: I hear pan fried with butter and garlic crickets isn't bad.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby had on Chopped last night, and they had to use cricket flour in one of the dishes they created.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't know they had cricket flour, I wonder if it tastes any different. We can buy little boxs of dried crickets that taste like onion and sour cream from a sweets shop by my work but I'd really like to try them at home with different flavors.

Latest posts