Turkey season

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
this weekend is Turkey youth weekend. We jsut went scouting on the property that I shot my deer on, no body was home. When we got home to lock up the chickens I blew the locator call and in the still darkness came a gobble. It is such and eerie sound. I can't wait :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ticks, the folks say they are not seeing many turkey this year and rarely are they hearing them. How is it in your neck of the woods?

I've only seen one wild turkey this spring, whereas I've usually seen quite a bit by now. People are saying that the increase in coyotes in the area may be the cause of less turkey sign.

I hope mom still gets her turkey! She always gets one on the first day and it is usually much bigger than any dad checks in! :p

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I hope mom still gets her turkey! She always gets one on the first day and it is usually much bigger than any dad checks in! :p
:thumbsup

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Our season opens April 27. Hubby saw jakes walk across the road about a mile away from our place. I've been seeing quite a few lately, but of course, when the season opens--it's like they know and hide out!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Ticks, the folks say they are not seeing many turkey this year and rarely are they hearing them. How is it in your neck of the woods?
All over the place! Toms, Hens, Jakes running everywhere :D

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Good luck! Lots and lots of turkeys around here. I hear them yelping and gobbling every day I'm outside working :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Whoo! Today before heading out we noticed in the back field a group of turkeys. We saw hens, a Jake, and two Longbeards. My dad watched them and when I got home we went down and made a little blind in the path that they went. :D

Tonight is going to be a sleepless night!