Turmeric Milk

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tumeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties and tumeric has as anti-cancer properties also so that means that it is also anti-microbial

The peppercorn faciltitates good absorption of tumeric as well as the fats found in milk.. it would work better if you used coconut milk

Check this artilce out:
http://www.healthsalon.org/504/protandim-turn-back-the-aging-clock/

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cinnamon is also good against colds - helps promote sweating, among other things. And honey is soothing for coughs and sore throats. Sounds like you have a winning combination there!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wish you had your cold b4 I had mine. Then you would have posted this recipe sooner, and I would have been able to try it. :/

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Stupid question, does it taste bitter from the amount of turmeric or is it as yummy as it otherwise sounds?

Thanks very much for posting, I will have to try that,

Pat

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Have you ever tried a wet sock treatment? I thought my naturopath was nuts when she told me about it but now it's my first line of defense when I've got a cold! At bedtime you take a pair of cotton socks and wring them out in cold water. You get your feet nice and warm first, soaking in a tub or taking a shower, tucking them under a Golden Retriever, whatever, then you put the cold, wet socks on. Immediately over those you put a pair of wool socks, then get right into bed and keep those feet warm. It is supposed to draw all the "gunk" our of your upper respiratory system. I've done it for 3 colds now and I wake up in the morning breathing through my nose. And my colds seem to be lasting a shorter number of days as far as really harsh symptoms are concerned. The naturopath also gave me Bio-vegetarian to take, which contains cayenne. Tough on the throat to swallow but it really works too! I can't take anything with sudafed in it and these work better and controlling the symptoms anyway!
Feel better Abi!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
About to make a batch. Had to stop at Hellmart and get Tumeric. I had everything else :D