Turmeric paste for skin cancer

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello, :frow I don't get over here very often, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with using turmeric to treat skin cancer? Not for me, but for my dog. I have been reading up on it and they say it has real potential for skin cancer (and stomach/colon cancers, anything it can come into direct contact with.) I have heard it has been used on human skin cancers, but cannot find any further information on how to go about it.

What I am wanting to do is mix a good quality turmeric powder with raw honey perhaps, or maybe coconut oil and apply it as a poultice to a large hemangioma sarcoma tumor on my dog's belly. It's a very aggressive cancer and she has already had 2 surgeries to remove tumors, but the vet doesn't want to put her under again because she is 13 years old. We have fought this cancer for 3 years now. I don't think it has metastasized internally because she is very healthy and active for her age. The tumor bleeds a lot if disturbed (she's been wearing a cone for a month now) and it won't heal. I am constantly cleaning up blood spots from my carpet, so something has to be done. It's about the size of a nickel and exposed with no skin over most of it where she messed with it previously. The cone is working to keep her off of it, but it bleeds anyway.

I am wondering 1) will turmeric sting or cause her more pain? And 2) what all I should put into the ointment mixture? Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks!
I think the best internal method is apricot kernals, not the best taste but it kills cancer.

AnnaMary

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Turmeric has great power to heal acne, pimples, blackheads and other skin diseases. But I am not sure about skin cancer.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would be cautious if using apricot kernels, as they contain a bit of cyanide. A small amount might not do any harm, but...

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I knew someone that kept putting a plantain salve on her 97 year old mothers skin cancer on her nose and after about 2 months it was barely noticeable. Also once while at her house her mother collapsed and stop breathing. She ran into the kitchen and ran out with cayenne pepper in a little bit of water. She put the paste under her mother's tongue. After a couple of seconds she (the mother) sat up. Marge ask her if she wanted a drink, and she said "Not anymore of that stuff." We laughed in relief.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A medical article I read a while back suggests that turmeric may have something to do with why there is a VERY low incidence of Altzhimers in the areas that use it heavily in cooking. Theory is that the placque (sp) which forms in the brain does not do so with this element & increases blood flow.

Somewhere there is a study going to document these thoughts. It would be GREAT if such a thing could help prevent or even lessen this disease!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Add to shopping list.... TUMERIC!

Actually, my DH takes it all the time. I need to get with the program!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A medical article I read a while back suggests that turmeric may have something to do with why there is a VERY low incidence of Altzhimers in the areas that use it heavily in cooking. Theory is that the placque (sp) which forms in the brain does not do so with this element & increases blood flow.

Somewhere there is a study going to document these thoughts. It would be GREAT if such a thing could help prevent or even lessen this disease!!

Herbs and spices often have great qualities above taste alone that people never know or think of. I try to include things like garlic, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon in my food and drinks.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I found and copied this from a magazine some time ago:

Cinnamon:

- Reduce blood sugar levels

- Is anti-inflamatory

- Good for gut health and lowers cholesterol

Black pepper:

- Aids digestion

- Increase nutrient absorption

- Helps with weight loss

Chilli pepper

- Benefits circulatory system

- Boosts metabolism

- Helps with weight loss

Cumin

- Aids digestion and nutrient absorption

Nutmeg

- Helps eliminate stress, fatigue and alleviates anxiety and depression

- Also helps you sleep better.

I googled the health benefits of turmeric and this is interesting:

https://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-turmeric/