Um, help me price my Marans eggs?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
This is the first year I'm offering my Cuckoo Marans eggs, and I've no idea how to price them!

I don't want people turned off by their price, but I don't want to go in the hole, either.

My flock is NPIP, and most of my breeds are no longer hatchery stock, but stock I acquired through buying eggs from some other breeders who had good stock. OR as in the case with my Langshans, I purchased from a private breeder who bred to improve what they had.

I use flate rate shipping: Medium boxes which hold 6 eggs after packaging ship for $10.85 and the includes delivery confirmation. Large boxes holding a dozen eggs ship at $14.45 including delivery confirmation.

So how much above shipping should I charge for these eggs?

Suggestions?

I also have other breeds I need to figure out pricing for - like the call ducks, Spitzhaubens, and anything you see in my sig line.

Originally I had planned to just put eggs on auction, but I have people interested in private sales, so I need to have set prices that I would want for these egg.

Last year I sold bantam buff brahma eggs for $15 per 1/2 dozen. I have people on a wait list for these again this year.

Any suggestions?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I suggest you look on eggbid...and E bay..and see what they are going for. Now, my "regular breeds" BO, BR go for 15$ dozen, with 10$ shipping. However, yours are not regular breeds.