Reaction score
Bad day here today. Buster, our 42 yr old QH, died today :(

335_012_9.jpg

Rest in Peace Buster

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sorry.
He was how old? What an amazing long life you have been a part of...
Take care, sorry for your loss..Tina/tfpets

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry unclejoe
I am a horse lover, had many, and lost a few also!
UGH! I know!
take care

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yes, he really was 42. No, we have not had him his whole life. Becky got him when he was 18. She has had him longer than her son. We knew he was living on borrowed time, but she just couldn't bring herself to put him down. This pic was taken this past March and he was still running around like a kid, and FarmerChick, like you said a couple months ago - as long as his legs work, let him enjoy, so we did. Thanks again,

Joe

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW!!! We have a banner. I haven't been here since the end of November. Looks like I missed some stuff. I came across the 4 page post responding to some fruitcake that thinks guns are the answer to any SS problems that might arise. You "chatty hens" really gave it to him. I guess he's not with us anymore:(
Since Buster died, we've been doing some rearranging in the pasture. We have a lady that is going to give us 2 of her nanny goats so we're trying to build an "escape proof" area for them as well as a place to milk them when the time comes. We staked out an area in the lower end of the pasture where I am going to dig out a small pond. We've been watching the rain runoff and found a spot where 3 streams merge during heavy rain. I finally built a wood shed. Now we don't need to let it dry out in the cellar for a week before we can burn it. There appears to be a lot of new people. I haven't caught up on everything that's been going on yet, but I will in the next few days.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Welcome back unclejoe.

I'm so sorry about your horse.

Sounds like you have gotten alot done.

Latest posts