baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep Bays hair... beautiful Mine is about that long but thick and wavy. Soon to be all cut off and sent to wigs for kids so some little girl with cancer can wear my hair and hopefully brighten her day a little.
That is a generous and wonderful thing to do.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:ep That's incredible @milkmansdaughter !

We're not quite into mosquito season yet - just the first few coming now. I am very curious to see if I notice a difference with mosquitos! Or deer flies! I hate deer flies!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
oh my! That product sure did not agree with you! That sounds awful! I have not had that reaction to anything, thankfully! I have trouble with curl definition on subsequent days, but I can get a full 10 days between washes if I want to! LOL! I don't want to! I brush my hair out of my face when I'm gardening and it gets dirty!

So happy your routine is working!

10 days!!!! :th I can only aspire to that. When I go out to work, that hair has to be pinned up or I'll just smother....too hot to do otherwise. Had it up all day and took it down to find I STILL had good definition, shine and softness. Don't know what's up, but I did something right for once...now, to remember what I did, exactly. :confused: :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What is cowashing? First thing I thought of was showering with a friend! LOL LOL LOL

It's just cleansing your hair with conditioner only. Keeps really curly, porous hair from drying out and breaking off as badly. They used to call it the no poo method, but then the no poo method was just washing with water only to most people, so I guess they started calling it cowashing.

Some folks will place just a dab of shampoo with that conditioner so that it doesn't strip their hair but still helps in cleaning it better than mere conditioner.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lol, no poo sounds bad too, as if some people DO use "poo" to wash their hair??:lol: Be, I just heard of cowashing last week when I asked my niece what she did for her hair. And here I ran out of conditioner and was using shampoo only. No surprise my hair is dry.

@tortoise, I was interested to hear you mention the link between smell and sugar. I've found this to be true too. And for a long time I've used baking soda for my teeth too. I used toothpaste this morning because there's a tube in there I want to use up, but often I put a small amount of baking soda, sometimes with a drop of peroxide, and dip my wet toothbrush in to brush my teeth. I like how clean and fresh my mouth feels after brushing this way.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have used Dove original for most of my life. I have terrible chemical sensitivities but I can use Dove. Practically ALL soaps give me a reaction. Not to mention house hold cleaners, scented candles, perfumes, anything and everything.