Upcycled/repurposed projects (MANY)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty clever. You could think of it as a neighborhood-scale coffee roaster. The guy used several salvaged components: a washing-machine drum, an electric motor, a speed-reducer gearbox, and a propane burner of some sort. He made his own steel legs/frame arrangement and gearbox-to-drum coupling.

Doesn’t seem he’d quite finished the final mounting method for the burner at the time the pics and videos were shot.

http://wemakethings.net/2012/07/14/coffee_roaster_revisited/

http://wemakethings.net/2012/07/27/coffee_roaster_complete/

coffee machine.jpg

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
a friend of mine made the rim fire pit/cooker. its pretty cool

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wonder how hard it would be to add a chimney and use it for heating a greenhouse.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep...definitely needs a large, thick cushion at the back for any comfort in sitting.

I liked the contours of this bed also, as the rolled top made for comfortable armrests.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thank you! But I cannot take credit for it all...my middle son helped me with the framing, as he just happened to be out at the house that day. He helped me get the screws into this hard as a rock bedstead wood...cherry, I think.

If one were to view it from up close and they were craftsmen of any kind, they'd be chuckling at all the mistakes we made! :D Good thing I don't know any such people!! :gig

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now that looks like a useful tool. Every time I haul some round bales I tie a good bit of rope to make sure they are stable. And, every time I am killing myself to get the knots untied. If I had one of those I'd keep it in my truck at all times. Thanks for sharing that!