update on home use wind turbine..

julied

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There are definitaly rules and regulations to deal with in certain locations. ordinances too. in our case we followed the california rules because michigan didn't have any when we put ours up. of course since ours went up, they've addressed issues LOL. we've had no problems with anything we have done. and for what it is worth...............noise is not an issue. road traffic makes way more noise than she'll ever make. where her shadow falls can be an issue. you may want to consider whose window she's casting her shadow in when she's moving (smile).

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We've got gigantic wind turbines here, been here for over a year. I have only ever heard them once. and the distance requirements for them state they have to be so far (IDK what the actual distance is) from a residence. One day I was driving on a country road in the morning near my home. That is the only time I have seen the shadow. After seeing the shadow, I can see how that might be disconcerting if it were to go over a home, but othere than that, I have NO problems with turbines.

julied

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There's nothing more gratifying than being in my garden (which is where "windy" is) weeding, pickin' veggies or whatever, and hear the whoosh she makes. it really has to be moving to make any noise at all. doesn't bother me a bit. making power right now is all i think about LOL.