US Approaching Insolvency says Dallas Fed President

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
According to the President of the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank, "The United States is on a fiscal path towards insolvency and policymakers are at a tipping point".

It seems that more and more "officials" are starting to wake up. I hope that enough do so that we can correct things. Personally, I'd be surprised if that happens though. Too many seem to be saying, "Let's worry about it later. By the way I' retiring so that I don't get blamed when the Shumer hits the fan".

Here's the article.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I really thought we were already there. The government is just finding ways to hide it until they can get whatever it is they want and then run.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the US heading for insolvency is really news to any one at this point. I don't say this to be rude, just that we've been headed this way for a long time. This shouldn't shock anyone.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
I'm wondering if the US heading for insolvency is really news to any one at this point. I don't say this to be rude, just that we've been headed this way for a long time. This shouldn't shock anyone.
I couldn't agree more. Yet our Government officials, when they finally admit there's a problem, put on a look of shock and act like "Wow! Who would have seen this coming?". The bunch of shlemiels.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It's all part of the plan you see....
"A former official of one of the country's most-powerful unions, SEIU, has a secret plan to "destabilize" the country.

The plan is designed to destroy JP Morgan, nuke the stock market, and weaken Wall Street's grip on power, thus creating the conditions necessary for a redistribution of wealth and a change in government."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/seiu-union-plan-to-destroy-jpmorgan#ixzz1HMeSZSAJ

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
"A former official of one of the country's most-powerful unions, SEIU, has a secret plan to "destabilize" the country.

The plan is designed to destroy JP Morgan, nuke the stock market, and weaken Wall Street's grip on power, thus creating the conditions necessary for a redistribution of wealth and a change in government."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/seiu-union-plan-to-destroy-jpmorgan#ixzz1HMeSZSAJ
Yeah those unions really got the power.;) 60% of the wealth has already been redistributed to the top 2% of the population. Was that the union plan? Funny how Wall Street is the only thing making money these days.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Well we all know about the insolvency already. That was news 6 months ago even though it started many years ago.

Some news I would like to hear is that they found a way to fix it without putting half of America on the streets under bridges. They need to both raise taxes and reduce spending. No political will on that by the people that make the laws. Someone might get mad at them and not give them a campaign contribution. What sucks is that when we go under they will be warm and comfy. What is wrong with this picture?

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
Wifezilla said:

Yeah those unions really got the power.;) 60% of the wealth has already been redistributed to the top 2% of the population. Was that the union plan? Funny how Wall Street is the only thing making money these days.
The Unions are being used to disrupt the system. I have no love for banks or greedy Corp America and corrupt politicians. Something has to change real quick in a better direction. Personally I think we are to far past the tipping point to bring things back to a stable time. This is all about the top 10% making money. I'm tired of being a slave for them. :(

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
Dunkopf said:
Wifezilla said:

The Unions are being used to disrupt the system. I have no love for banks or greedy Corp America and corrupt politicians. Something has to change real quick in a better direction. Personally I think we are to far past the tipping point to bring things back to a stable time. This is all about the top 10% making money. I'm tired of being a slave for them. :(
The unions are the last line of defense against becoming simple slaves for them. That was what the whole WI thing was about. Had nothing to do with saving money. It was all about getting rid of unions. No collective bargaining means that eventually people will be paid whatever the employer offers. No benefits, no nuthin. We wont have to worry about illegals coming in and taking jobs from Americans because they work so cheap. The pay will be better in Mexico.

I agree that the unions need to start giving in a little more on benefits and such. It seems like they are. In WI the public employees agreed to everything except the loss of collective bargaining.

Of course this whole collapse is partly the unions fault. If the unions had not created the middle class by demanding decent wages and working conditions, we would have never been high enough to take a fall.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:

The unions are the last line of defense against becoming simple slaves for them. That was what the whole WI thing was about. Had nothing to do with saving money. It was all about getting rid of unions. No collective bargaining means that eventually people will be paid whatever the employer offers. No benefits, no nuthin. We wont have to worry about illegals coming in and taking jobs from Americans because they work so cheap. The pay will be better in Mexico.

I agree that the unions need to start giving in a little more on benefits and such. It seems like they are. In WI the public employees agreed to everything except the loss of collective bargaining.

Of course this whole collapse is partly the unions fault. If the unions had not created the middle class by demanding decent wages and working conditions, we would have never been high enough to take a fall.
I'm confused here. What does this have (if anything) with EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS?
I'd like to know what you're doing to become self sufficient and how this line of argument relates to being prepared for an emergency? Maybe I am missing something but I don't see it. K0xxx made a statement about a serious situation at the Federal Reserve Bank and it appears to have lost the focus with some diatribe on unions.
Discussion of who "created the middle class" has no bearing on self-sufficiency now does it?

Lets return to those thrilling days of yesteryear with the Lone Ranger...and get back on track? What do you say, Shipmate? Let's hear about your EMERGENCY PREPARATIONS FOR YOUR FAMILY!
Let's hear about your experiences with being prepared or your knowledge of some subject from which we can all benefit!

Status
Not open for further replies.