US Approaching Insolvency says Dallas Fed President

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Let me do my best to clarify the reason that I chose to post this here. The financial insolvency of our country rates, at least in my book, as an extreme emergency. One that everyone living in the US should consider preparing for. The results would be similar in many ways to other emergencies that would cause a disruption of food, goods, fuel, and services.

I don't see it as a basis for political discussion, but rather as a straight forward preparedness issue (although others obviously seem to disagree). I don't worry so much about the cause of an impending disaster, so much as how it will affect my family and what I should do to be ready for it.

YMMV

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't like the subject matter. There are many other topics and threads here that would interest you I would think. Why not click on them and let us discuss this amongst ourselves.

There are many threads here that do not pertain to emergency preparedness, as the last I looked, this was not an emergency preparedness website, but rather a self sufficient one.

I'd have to agree with koxx that one of the reasons for being self sufficient is because our government's "budget" is non-existant and would therefore be pertinent.

Hope you find something more worth your time to read. Have a good night.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for your well informed and insightful recommendation. No doubt you actually read what I wrote and understood it.
gettinaclue said:
There are many threads here that do not pertain to emergency preparedness, as the last I looked, this was not an emergency preparedness website, but rather a self sufficient one.
Guess I just got confused by the topic title at the top of the page where it says "Index>>Emergency Preparedness>>but then of course this IS a self-sufficient website and Emergency Preparedness is deeply interwoven in the politics of unions like the SEIU, etc. which is of significant assistance to folks who are working to be SS.

gettinaclue said:
I'd have to agree with koxx that one of the reasons for being self sufficient is because our government's "budget" is non-existant and would therefore be pertinent.
K0xxx is absolutely correct but that is NOT what I questioned. But then of course as I said, the issue of UNIONS and politics of unions and "who created the middle class" is probably particularly germane to the failing budget of our "government". I'm certain that there is a link but what K0xxx was talking about and where that one was going had nothing in common. But then you already knew that...

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well aren't you just a sweetheart.

If it bothers you so terribly, why don't you ask the mods to move it?

Here's some tissue and some cheese. You sound like you need them.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
Well aren't you just a sweetheart.

If it bothers you so terribly, why don't you ask the mods to move it?

Here's some tissue and some cheese. You sound like you need them.
Since sarcasm has become your way of communicating, I'll just devote my time to laughing and imagining that you understand the issue here, realizing all the while that you really don't. That way we can all get along.

Thank you for your carefully considered and well intentioned advice. Here is some to help you.

In what so ever yea do, do it heartily, as unto God, not unto man. Colossians 3:23

I lean more toward this approach...
"If there be one among you that is free from sin, let him cast the first stone."

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some help to me? That was a good laugh for me. You seem to be the one that threw the first stone here.

I'm done with you. I have no interest in getting along with you, so I'll ignore you instead. You're sour and unimportant to me. Why waste my time with you?

I wish you well on your little off grid adventure.

Now toddle along and go play.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bill says he heard Bernake say the country is almost insolvent today. :somad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts