Using deadfall sticks for kindling

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I feel so in touch with my ancestors. I went around my place for a couple of months picking up redwood and alder branches and twigs to use for kindling.

Why have burn piles to clean up debris, putting carbon and ash into the air for no purpose?
I simply cut up the branches into the right lengths and put them in some bins in a spare run-in where I have the wood. These branches catch much easier than kindling when they are dry.

So I can't think of anything left at my place that would have to go into a burn pile. Everything that will burn will be used for the stove or compost pile. :D

It might even be a product to bag up in old feed bags and sell- I'm sure that some eco-person in a town would buy it.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I feel so in touch with my ancestors. I went around my place for a couple of months picking up redwood and alder branches and twigs to use for kindling.

Why have burn piles to clean up debris, putting carbon and ash into the air for no purpose?
I simply cut up the branches into the right lengths and put them in some bins in a spare run-in where I have the wood. These branches catch much easier than kindling when they are dry.

So I can't think of anything left at my place that would have to go into a burn pile. Everything that will burn will be used for the stove or compost pile. :D

It might even be a product to bag up in old feed bags and sell- I'm sure that some eco-person in a town would buy it.
I know they sell those small bundles of 5 log splits for $5 around here for the yuppies fireplaces, you should be able to sell them twigs too.

What is a run-in?