Vacuum Sealing Mason Ball Jars

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have the sealer for the wide mouth jars; intended to buy it online, but just before I did I found them at a local store. I seal up things that are oily - that, is nuts, shredded coconut, anything that is technically OK at room temperature, but that I would otherwise put in the freezer just to extend the shelf life. So far, sealing these jars, and keeping them at cool room temp has worked fine, but I've only been doing it for about 6 months. I probably use the jar sealing option more than the bag sealer (the bags are mostly meat).

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had one of those, but when we moved, it disappeared (looks suspiciously in MIL's direction). I want to get another one as I really liked it. But I like k0xxx's idea of using the O2 absorbers with it.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use them and LOVE THEM!!!!

I also bought the large canister set from them... and I take spaghetti sauce jars and pickle jars and reuse them now as well... I just put the dried food in the recycled jar and put it inside the canister... then pump out the air... when you reopen the canister it seals the jar! Works so great for recycling jars!

So now most of my smaller dehydrated foods goes in the recycled jars... and the grains and things still go in the larger ball jars I have and I use the lid sealer attachments for those!

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nice to see so many use this system..I have the wide mouth and reg. adapters that i bought at The Bass Pro Shop..>Something is missing though.My Food Saver kit didn't come with the tubing needed to do the vacuum job and the , what looks like the open/close switch on top of the widemouth or reg. vacuum adpater..! Kinda confused at this point, Where do i get the " complete vaccuum kit " to get 'er done.....??

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The tube came with the jar sealer when I bought it. Did you get yours new or used? If new, you should have got the tubing too.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
Nice to see so many use this system..I have the wide mouth and reg. adapters that i bought at The Bass Pro Shop..>Something is missing though.My Food Saver kit didn't come with the tubing needed to do the vacuum job and the , what looks like the open/close switch on top of the widemouth or reg. vacuum adpater..! Kinda confused at this point, Where do i get the " complete vaccuum kit " to get 'er done.....??
I lost the tube for mine a few years ago. I called the company and they said they would send me another tube for $1 plus shipping. At the time, shipping was the same for ordering 1 or 3, so I ordered 3 right away.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ORChick i bought them new last winter in Fla. while visiting ailing dad at the Bass Pro Shop.No tubing came with eiher the reg. or wide mouth adapter.Perhaps someone borrowed them.! Thanks for the tip VickiLynn...