Vertical windmill

JASTECH

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think a vertical windmill with magnetic generator is the most effective way. It will take less wind and produce with less downtime. Any members use these?

chefsdreams

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i was looking at this some time ago. i came across a company from chicago who built something like a dna molecule. you know? like a double helix. the idea was just as you suggest - make it work in light wind. i wanted to try and mount one on our front porch, but never got around to it. i'll root around to see if i can't find more for you about that company.
good luck.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Old post...14 months old. This member hasn't posted in over a year.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Someone may see this and and chime in :pop

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm hoping. We live in a windy spot and have thought about wind power. Don't know the first thing about it though.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am constantly responding to old posts. I click on the new post button and scroll down and wa la. I wish there was some way old inactive post would delete itself. I guess I should look at the date before responding but I am still curious about the 'vertical windmills', lol.

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a perfect piece of land for one. We have an up flow breeze just about all the time. Sometimes it is nit a great speed but I don't think that matters. I just don't want something ugly standing out in my gardens. This post made me google it and I found a nice one that I wouldn't mind having. It looks like one of those whirly gigs...I will do some homework on this.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wind-tree.png

these are a new style of wind-powered generator. Google wind generator that looks like a tree