Very Cool ECO-FRIENDLY house!!!

Arctichicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I first thought about the hobbit houses in Lord of the Rings, but they are very real, cheap and very eco friendly.
How cool.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
You all have a much nicer mind than I do- I thought of a digestive track. But they are very cute.
I wonder how durable they will turn out to be. And how easy to clean, etc.
Can you imagine living in an English village of these homes? I bet that after awhile it would be weird to go to a place where everything is a straight line.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That Low Impace Woodland Home is awesome - I wonder if I'd shrink and get broad, hairy feet if I lived there? :gig

Seriously, that's a Hobbit home. What a neat place to live!

Arctichicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You do know it's a regular size house right???

I think they are awesome and much healthier for our families than the new modern "toxic" homes of today.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I don't think it is a regular size house- maybe adult humans could stand up in it but .......................
The organic nature of the design on the Dean one is interesting but I wonder if all those swells and curves are really part of the support structure or just design fancy.
The one that is basically a lot of recycled materials is very interesting. I always thought that going into the side of a hill might be safer in tornado country. I still think that it would be eaten up by insects in most parts of our country. And scary in earthquake country.

Have you ever seen the local Indian housings in our area?- they dig in about 4 feet or so then raise a timber frame about that- very square though- not a lot of curves except the door.