Very Cool ECO-FRIENDLY house!!!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Have you ever seen the local Indian housings in our area?- they dig in about 4 feet or so then raise a timber frame about that- very square though- not a lot of curves except the door.
Do you know the name of that type of building? Or where I might find some pictures of it? I'm curious, I have never seen it.

Cassandra

Arctichicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I wondered about the bug thing too... But it has alot of Lime in it...doesn't that keep bugs away?

I didn't think about Earthquakes, ouch. But I still like it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My house is a hand hewn log cabin. Not a sheet of drywall in it, every inch of it is real wood, no pressboard, no glues...the only downer is the countertop (the regualr kind that offgases because of the pressboard underneath...and I have carpet in two rooms that I want to replace with something more natural asap:>) It is very envirofreindly as it is, but hopefully one day will be absolute! It is also quite self sufficient...our only drawback during a power outage is that our indoor plumbing doesn't work if the pump is down. Our generator will run it but I don't want to have to depend on gas....