Vinegar Mother - RECEIVED. Thank you!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
hoosier said:
So, if I put some red wine on the counter (using wide mouth jar and cloth cover) it will turn into red wine vinegar and not some spoiled mass? If I steal from the vinegar I have, how much mother should I add to speed the process?

I LOVE this forum and all of you smart people out there!!!
Sometimes it turns into a nice vinegar and sometimes not. Mostly I got nice vinegar from it. I just leave it in the bottle it came in and put a cloth cover on it.

I do have some dehydrated acv mother for anyone who wants to experiment. I have never tried using dehydrated mother and don't have the time to do so now.

I came across this recipe for making a white vinegar. I t in my MIL's pickling book

Honey Vinegar

1 quart strained honey
8 quarts warm water

Mix together and let stand in a warm place until fermentation ceases. Seal in clean fruit jars. Makes, we are told, a white vinegar of good quality.

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
I just purchased a quart of " BRAGG organic raw-unfiltered ACV with the 'mother' " would that work?
I got this at my local health food store today. :frow

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Since my internet is horribly slow on a good day, I'm not able to efficiently surf the web, so I'll rely on you all for this question...

I have apples. Can I make ACV with them????

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Old Sew'n'Sew said:
I just purchased a quart of " BRAGG organic raw-unfiltered ACV with the 'mother' " would that work?
I got this at my local health food store today. :frow
That is what I was thinking of using.