Vitamin D Light

Brick243

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post on Suffient Self. I post on BYC.

Tallman, my doctor has put me on the same dose as you. I take a 50,000IU gel pill once per week, for 12 weeks, with one refill. I have so much more energy since starting on D.

My doctor has done a lot of research on vitamin D and its benefits to your health. He told me that the vast majority of his patients are defiecient in vitamin D. He told me that being defiecient in vitamin gives you a 300 percent higher chance of getting colon cancer. Getting your D level up to where it is suppose to be will benefit your health in so many ways.

He believes the bare minimun per day should be 6,000IU. Right now they have listed 400IU as the minimum. To get 6,000IU of D you would have to drink 60 glasses of milk per day. I will be on a maintence of 6,000IU after the presc. catches me up, which will be 3 drops on the tongue per day.

My blood pressure had already dropped and even more important my heart rate has dropped into the high 50's into the 60's per minute. Which is where he wants it to be.

He talked to me for a long time about vitamin D and how it will change my health. I am a firm believer that it has helped my health. I am definetly going to keep taking it. I've told several people about this and most just look at me, like I get mine from the sun or dairy and it's just vitamin D. No big deal. My doctor has made me aware it is a big deal. Also if you don't get enough greens in your meals you need viamin K.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:welcome

sounds like the vit. D sure helped you. welcome to the board and have a blast posting....we need alot of ideas to help us all..LOL