Vitamin D Light

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I take 1000UI vitamin D and it really works well for me. I am seasonal affective, so obviously lacking in viatamin D. 50,000UI seems extremely excessive to me! When I first started taking it it gave me headaches like crazy, but as I got it into my system it gave me my life back! Now I have every one in the house on it.
As for lighting, I have tried all the lighting out there, you're wasting your time with full spectrum. I use a SAD light, and a SAD alarm clock. THe alarm clock goes on an an hour before I get out of bed and acts as a sunrise, pointed directly at my face. It is heaven to wake up to! I also have a SAD reading light but find that I don't have the time nor the inclination to sti in front of it for 20 minutes every day so I get much more use out of the alarm clock.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I take 1000UI vitamin D and it really works well for me. I am seasonal affective, so obviously lacking in viatamin D. 50,000UI seems extremely excessive to me! When I first started taking it it gave me headaches like crazy, but as I got it into my system it gave me my life back! Now I have every one in the house on it.
As for lighting, I have tried all the lighting out there, you're wasting your time with full spectrum. I use a SAD light, and a SAD alarm clock. THe alarm clock goes on an an hour before I get out of bed and acts as a sunrise, pointed directly at my face. It is heaven to wake up to! I also have a SAD reading light but find that I don't have the time nor the inclination to sti in front of it for 20 minutes every day so I get much more use out of the alarm clock.
too bad they don't have SAD computer monitors :D

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is one thing about light that I do know. That green light that flashes out of copy machines really hits me hard. It makes me feel so weak and sick that I almost collapse. I just couldn't understand it untill

I found out

that it's Kryptonite. :lol: :gig

I'm feeling better. :weee

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hey, Ted Hutchinson is on that site. Ted and I hang out one one of the low carb forums. He has fantastic vitamin D information.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The vitamin that my doc gave me is 50,000IU, and I am to take one each week. I took my first one Tuesday of last week, and when Thursday rolled around it was just as though somebody turned on the lights. I felt great; however, Friday I started running flat again. I took some over the counter "D", but it didn't perk me up. I took my second doctor "D" on Monday morning of this week, an I started to perk up again Tuesday at noon. So I know I definitely need the "D". I just need to get the right daily mix going.

After I am through with the doctor "D", I plan on taking about 10,000IU daily and go from there.

Thanks for all your input.