waffles

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hubby wants waffles.
I never make them.
I don't own a waffle maker.

how do I make a waffle without a wafflemaker to look kinda like a waffle?

any smart ideas out there for me??? LOL

I know it is crazy...just wondering if I can do something inventive in a way?

oh---and what is the difference between a waffle and a pancake? I never knew :lol:

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what is a waffle you ask

its a pancake with alot of peanut butter and syrup compartments.

i have a waflle maker and it gets used maybe 2x a year just ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT easier to make pancakes in my opinion

FarmerChick said:
hubby wants waffles.
I never make them.
I don't own a waffle maker.

how do I make a waffle without a wafflemaker to look kinda like a waffle?

any smart ideas out there for me??? LOL

I know it is crazy...just wondering if I can do something inventive in a way?

oh---and what is the difference between a waffle and a pancake? I never knew :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: I know

hubby so many times wanted a wafflemaker, I said no. another comtraption I don't want :plbb

I make pancakes and NOW he wants waffles. WT? :smack

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you can get a cheap crappy one for like 15 or get one at a yard sale because you will not be as excited after a year of owning it...or rather your hubby wont be as excited.. but my best advice is to go ahead and get one...hide it till may....whip that bad boy on mothers day and tell the hubby you want waffles for breakfast.

FarmerChick said:
:lol: I know

hubby so many times wanted a wafflemaker, I said no. another comtraption I don't want :plbb

I make pancakes and NOW he wants waffles. WT? :smack

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now that is smart E !!! I like that thinking!! :gig

and they gotta wash the darn thing also :plbb

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well if you get a new one (or a newer one at a yard sale) you really only need to wipe it off with a wet towel/papertowel..they are easy cleners...but you only make ONE at a time..it would probably be good for you with only 3 in your household

HOWEVER

i have 5 people in my house.....THE HUBBY NEEDS 2, OLDEST SON NEEDS 2, 1 maybe 2 each for the 2 younger kids and one for me...now each one takes like 5-8 min to complete...for me it takes about an hour....mixing pouring plucking out the machine...and in my house you cant just cook waffles. the hubby needs a meat and scrambled eggs. and the hubbys eggs have to be cooked seperate than mine cause he likes his scrambled fried dried and laid to the side. mine have to taste like eggs so i cook mine till the moisture thats starts realeasing. by the time we all eat its lunchtime.

FarmerChick said:
now that is smart E !!! I like that thinking!! :gig

and they gotta wash the darn thing also :plbb

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one, it makes 4 at a time. But what I do is take a boring-rainy day when I don't have a lot to do, and the kids are gone and spend several hours making waffles. Then I freeze them. The kids take them out and pop them in the toaster! Wala- waffles any time. I also make plain, blueberry, strawberry... whatever I have on hand to add to the batter. (Sometimes crushed nuts). Just make sure they are completly cool when you bag them up.

I do the same with pancakes.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL E

I know exactly what you mean. reading your breakfast morning I am laughing cause it is like mine. big breakfast is a killer for sure to handle. same with us, we end up eating it about lunchtime also :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
I'd direct him to the nearest Waffle House!!
Love your attitude YB :lol:

also, I agree!