waffles

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
piecemaker said:
Used mine the other day to make waffle brownies. Cooked so they were crispy then colded them in an ice cream bowl and topped them with ice cream. Yummy Yummy
Whaaa???! How did you do THAT!!? Do share... :drool

WyoLiving

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We had a waffle maker growing up. We used it at least onece a month for Saturday morning breakfast - I was the waffle maker. Actually, I was the only one who loved to cook enough to make the batter and cook enough waffles for 7 people ! :)
I searched stores for 3 years before I found another one like it for myself.

Ours is neat because it had removable cast-metal plates and it would open 180 degrees so the two halves laid out flat. It wasn't cast iron, maybe aluminum.
One side was for waffles - made 1 big 6" square waffle or four 3" square waffles.
The other side of the plate was flat, so it was a griddle. You could fry bacon on one side and eggs on the other, or even make pancakes on it. The flat plate had a spout formed into the corner where you could put a bowl under to catch the bacon grease.
It was my poor-mans panini maker too. Made alot of toasted cheese sandwiches on it while in college.

My hubby likes Belgian Waffles, so now I have one of those flip-over Belgian waffle makers. We do those alot.

I gave my old waffle maker to my neighbors daughter when she went off to college - I included the waffle recipes with it. They were really easy and cheap to make. Good for college students. I hear she has been having Waffle Saturday study groups at her apt. When her mom went to visit over spring break, she made panini on it. So at least it is still loved and in use - it must be over 15 years old by now.

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
redhen said:
piecemaker said:
Used mine the other day to make waffle brownies. Cooked so they were crispy then colded them in an ice cream bowl and topped them with ice cream. Yummy Yummy
Whaaa???! How did you do THAT!!? Do share... :drool
Sorry been away for a while. Mixed the brownie mix per box cooked them in the waffle iron til done
when I took them out of the waffle iron I laid them over a small bowl to cool