wall pot rack

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Mariann, we have already seen the streaks of moisture running down the walls, usually after its dry, so you are very right. With the ceiling so low it is really tough to deal with. I'm wondering if I should put my stainless steel pots on the wall and the vast iron in the bottom drawer with less moisture.
K15n1, the trouble I have is that I just plain don't have space. It isn't even about putting stuff away, there isn't an away to put stuff!
Mariann, I'd love to see the link on the cast iron, can you let me know when it's posted please?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hear you on the small kitchen, Hqueen! Our kitchen is too small for a refrigerator unless we take out the wall cabinet that holds our dinnerware; so the fridge is around the corner in the utility room (you'd think with all those extra steps I'd lose more weight!). The utility room was apparently added on after the house was built, because there is a window between them, over the sink. I bought one of those little doorway fans and set it up in a corner of the window and use it to move air through faster. It made a real difference in the humidity levels of the kitchen in the summer; and in the winter, it moves warm air into the utility room where I hang my laundry in bad weather which dries the laundry faster and allows the warm air to pick up some more humidity and then it moves back toward the main part of the house. Since I did this, I no longer have winter dryness problems in my nose either.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Nice! I sometimes out a fan in the mini freezer to blow out the window to help with the heat and humidity in the kitchen. The landlord is having all the old single pane Windows replaced in a few weeks and I can't wait! Then that window will open a lot easier and I should be able to open the top and bottom which will help a lot with air flow!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh, I am so envious! We haven't been able to afford replacing the windows, all single pane except for one little window I had installed on the north wall to get more airflow in summer (can you believe- not ONE window on the entire north facing wall!). In the winter, I use that plastic shrink-wrap type stuff to help with the heat loss, but I would love to have double paned windows so we could open them when the weather is nice in the winter, and be able to keep the heat out in the summer.

hqueen13

Reaction score
We are very blessed to be here that is for sure!