Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a good harvest as well!!

Helped the neighbor set out his 380 tomatoes today after we got done here. :)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Great photos! I just put up chicken wire for the cukes to crawl up. Is that not enough? I'm not sure since it is just my second garden.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How tall is it, and what kind of cukes? Bush cukes will still put out a vine, but it's not as long.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Chicken wire may be enough depending on the width of the wire. Like Deb said though, bush cucumbers won't require very much at all anyway.

It's raining here. No garden planting going on today. I'm focusing on catching rainwater and getting this house cleaner. I need to make laundry soap and do a few other things around here today. I need to make bread, and will probably make pizzas for dinner again. I'm not feeling very industrious right now though :lol: I just wanna sit around. :p I gotta get up and get going soon though, because the day is only getting shorter, and I need some things marked off the To Do list so I'll have my sunny days to get out there and bust my tail to have a GREAT garden!!! If I get the house clean I can also put more time in in the greenhouse. I am planning on growing broccoli and bush beans all season by planting/starting them regularly. I have been able to free up a lot of space in the greenhouse by setting out a few hundred plants in the last week, so.....I need a day to start a few hundred more SOON! I had dates all written out and everything, but.....life stuck it's big fat ugly mug in the way and shot all that to crap, so I'm starting over with the plan, and hoping it comes together as well in the soil as it does in my head! With all the mess going on in my personal life right now, I need something positive to focus my attention on, and the garden is it. Besides, the money from the vegetable sales is not only my livelihood at the moment, it's my future. A future that is all mine, to do with as I so choose, so I can just be me, so I can just be free :D I thinks it's well worth working for that goal. So that's my pep talk to myself, and I need to get off my butt and get moving, or my future is gonna be a cardboard box :p I like boxes, but I was thinking more along the lines of a self sustainable, off grid, remote location little cute backwoods farmlette, so I can have a home AND job in the same place :lol: I'm facing some big dreams, and I'm just stubborn enough to start all over and make it work. It'll be SO much easier just having myself to answer to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later folks :frow Hope everyone has a good productive day! :weee

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Man was it ever a great day! :woot I got everything done the way i wanted. Clean bedroom, bathroom, living room and laundry room!! AND I got in a little bit of "me time" online this morning :D I got my plans down on paper, and it looks like i can pull off a lot more than i had first anticipated, so that's good too. I just gave hubs a haircut. I still gotta get my clothes hung up and folded, but beyond that I AM DONE! AND I'm not exhausted, so I may go for a walk shortly. :) Life is good!

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You go with your awesome self WBF. I like that you wrote down your goals. I truly feel lazy now after reading what you have accomplished. BTW I can't stand busy bodies that have to run tell everybody about your business. Just had a SIL do that last week had her husband call mine to say that I had offended her. How? via Facebook and it was a cartoon post. All I can say to her is if the shoe fits.... :barnie

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's right! WEAR IT HEFFA!!! LOL!

Thanks for the vote of confidence sis ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
WBF, it sounds like you want the same kind of place I want. :lol: I already have my house designed (at least in my head) and have drawn up plans for crops, yard, etc. :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Deb, I don't want a big living quarters. I want a big barn, and a HUGE-ish piece of land ;)

Latest posts