Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tell my younger co-workers (who are both raising teenagers) that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad my kids are all grown up!

Driving - OMG! I did the whole 'parent taught' driving with my DD. She only almost killed us once - but that 18 wheeler that she dang near pulled out in front of was NOT amused by her lack of attention. She took about 10 years off my life that day, lol! :barnie

Just remember, the teenage years are the very reason we are happy to see our kiddos grow up and move away...

I know this doesn't solve your issues right now - only advice I can give is to trust your gut and follow your heart.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
As a dad, I sure my perspective is just a bit different....and since I have met her and the boyfriend...and I was a bit worried a few times with those crazy TN drivers...and the dogs running loose!.. ;)

Maybe I should take another vacation in TN for, say, a week to lend a hand? LOL.. :p

Small steps. Actually, as I was thinking about this, the thought of taking her to the battlefield to drive might not be a bad idea. Low speeds, not a lot of traffic, a way to gain confidence

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Definitely she needs to earn the trust back with the BF first, and I wouldn't make it easy on her.....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Jamie you're a genius! The battlefield would be the perfect place to take her...why didn't I think if that?!?!?! There are all the general traffic signs and signals that have to be made...and NO 18 wheelers!!!! Duh...I feel like an idiot :p

The boyfriend thing, yeah, they're pushing hard. HE wants her to come to his house to meet and get to know his parents now :rolleyes: HE was too much of a coward to ask, so he put her up to it....strike two there :smack If he's not man enough to accept potential rejection, he sure isn't man enough to take her out :/ And yeah, we don't intend to make it easy on either of them by any means. The age difference is not going to change. Why could she just not find someone her own age?!?!?!!? :barnie

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
The age difference is not going to change. Why could she just not find someone her own age?!?!?!!? :barnie
I know a Young Marine......

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: Wouldn't that be something?! Who knows....maybe they'll hit it off when he comes down with you on the next trip ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey lady...sent ya a message on facebook about the duckies!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Got it!......when I got back home :p :lol:

Keira is such a sweetheart! I love that doggy!

Got ducks, ducks love it here :woot They get along great with the others, no issues whatsoever :D Thanks SIS!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I just love how everything goes to crap the minute things start to get settled. DH is laid off. Another holiday season(this makes 5 in a row) of lay off YAY.. I'm sick of everything. I give up. Screw it all. I put all the animals on CL. We bought tires for the truck(which were DESPERATELY needed), and paid the house payment the same week...and we're broke from that. Now this. Lovely. I hate EVERYTHING right now, and I don't give two craps what anybody says about it. I'm tired. I'm pissed. I'm done. It doesn't matter how hard we try, or how much effort we put out, it never is enough. I don't want to hear one single word about God either. Yeah, He's there. So what? He has been the whole time, through all the garbage with family, through all the garbage with work, through all the garbage with everything, and I have yet to figure out what He wants or what direction to go. So, I quit. I hope we lose everything, so there's nothing left to fight and work for. Maybe then we can have some peace. I'll not struggle to scrape gas money to go to church anymore, I can tell ya that. I'm done with that. I'm done with the food ministry that is the whole reason for needing tires so badly. I'm done with helping everybody else. I'm done with taking everybody's crap and everybody's slack and everybody's advice. If I die today I know I have done everything I could in every aspect of life, from raising kids to helping my community to doing a good job for bosses...... and it meant NOTHING to almost all of them. Sometimes success isn't all it's cracked up to be. This life disgusts me.

Latest posts