Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So now that I'm not so shell shocked maybe I can talk about yesterday without losing it.........I went to work, 4 hour client, all is well. Had plans to move a couch and chair for my tenant so I texted her to meet me at the pickup location. We got it loaded, barely...it was a HUGE OLD HEAVY sofa bed built like a Sherman tank so it was a bit of a struggle to flip it up on its side and twist it to get it out the door because that was the only way it would fit...anyway, got it loaded and hauled. As we are pulling in the driveway back at her place to unload there is a repo truck sitting in the yard. They had come to get the storage shed my tenant was behind on, and I had things stored in there as well, soooooooooo, unloaded the truck, unloaded the shed, reloaded the truck, took 9 forevers longer than I needed it to. And you can imagine the upset of repo debacle. Calls were made, tears were shed, attempts were made to scrape up the cash to keep it, and then acceptance that it had to go, THEN unloading. Well also there were two duck nests UNDER said shed, so there was a mad scramble via phone to find incubator space at a friends farm to take the eggs...LOTS of eggs! So, I had a delivery to make and had to pick up the sold items from my mothers and figure out what to do with my once stored items. I go to moms, get the items, I'm backing out in this HUGE BORROWED(as in not mine ya know) monster truck diesel Duramax dually...and I'm paying close attention behind me so as not to hit my mothers peach tree with this school bus that I can barely see over the top of my not stored anymore stuff and while looking back I hear an odd crunch and feel a little tiny bit of resistance....so I turn around and to my utter horror I have hit my mothers parked car on the back driver side quarter panel :th:he to which I responded in a string of not so polite words I should not say but being overwhelmed by an are you freakin kidding me flood of emotion I let fly anyway...the birds stopped and stared at me, the squirrel dropped his nuts...the dog yelped and ran back up the driveway...it was bad, but the peach tree...the peach tree is fine. The borrowed Sherman tank monster truck Duramax dually has a dime size piece of plastic bumper trim peeled off and a smudge of green paint and a inch scuff mark in the chrome. The tiny little compact cracker box 4 cylinder 2 door mom car...looks like it got hit with a bowling ball slung out of a catapult. Neither vehicle owner was upset, but 99.9% of my feelings was terribly hurt and I was terribly frustrated and terribly sick of Monday at that point and completely deflated. So I called the tenant and told my story and made her feel better about her Monday and I smiled and laughed with her and got the hell over it...what other choice did I have really anyway? And I delivered my item, found a spot for my not stored anymore things so that they're restored, returned the now scratched Sherman tank monster truck Duramax dually to its owner, went "home" washed dishes, washed clothes, cooked dinner, organized some things to put on eBay later and took a loooooong hot bath and scrubbed Monday off so as not to cross contaminate Tuesday with residual horror of Monday and my happy arse went to bed and slept it off. Better luck next time, eh? And so that's the story of my terrible horrible should be outlawed Monday. Happy Tuesday everyone!!! I hope it's completely lovely!:D

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my word, girl, I thought I had a rough day until I read all this :hugs I hope today will be much better for you!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Someday you be saying "Remember when..." My son and I do that about when my van caught fire while I was driving to my daughters with my son and grandbaby. It was a terrible day and terrible week but we got on. It's funny how in perspective, things that stress you so bad at the time are just a distant memory (if that) on down the road.
I like to sing this song from Annie!
The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I don't let things get me down, in the moment sometimes I do if it has been particularly horrific, but mostly I just forget it and go on. I'm fine today. Wondering how I'm going to pay for the car as far as balancing that with my dental and medical bills at this point, but I've been in this position before too and I'm still kicking so, it's no big deal. Mind you, it was a HUGE deal to me yesterday, but today? Meh....is what it is. The sun is still shining and I'm still breathing and nobody was hurt so...another day and a few more dollars and things will be back to where they started or better, probably better. Eternal optimism ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's actually hilarious to me today and yalls responses are making me giggle. Some days are just so silly