Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My rent house has major issues and my tenant has major attitude. She wants to rent to own, but doesn't want to fix anything(per our agreement)until she owns it. I don't want the house. I hate the house. I've always hated the house. I WILL always hate the house. She's destroying it. Repairs will cost me upwards of 3k and all of them have to be done ASAP...I'm about to snap.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no.. I think it's time to review that agreement?

Talking about rentals, I went to view two today, one is not-so-great and one is great. I've arranged to go meet with the rental agent tomorrow to discuss it :fl

ETA: I got offered the not-so-great one

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is nothing worse than being a landlord....been there...UGH! Hope you get it all straightened out without being out major bucks!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is the not so great one workable? And most importantly, can you have chickens there?

I hope to never be a landlord. My brother in law does that as a full time occupation and the stories... Are amazing. Especially being in New England, you can't kick people out for non-payment in winter so every year he has plenty of free tenants. Grrr

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What is she doing to "destroy" it?

I worked in real estate (sales & management) for 20 yrs. Rentals...about 3,000 apts & 250 houses ... there are ways to stop &/or collect for damage. If it is "yours" by virtue of breakdown, needed repairs, etc., you gotta bite the bullet or get rental out. If you hate the place -- work out an agreement....OR let her leave and sell "as is". Much depends on any written lease you may have. If none in writing, most states allow 30 day written notice to vacate.

So, take the loss now or later.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She's being served tomorrow her eviction notice. 50 animals inside and she doesn't clean after them, ripped out carpet, broken doors...multiple...and water damage from keeping the bathroom floor wet and holes in the floor from rain because the idiot ripped up the door thresholds leading outside so there is still damage also...100 animals outside with no food living on dirt patch up against the house in violation of insurance specs....I can keep going...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Only verbal lease. I own the home. Going to repair and sell ASAP unless I can find a really really really good tenant and I'm not falling for that pets allowed **** anymore either...she had 7 when she moved in and most were in aquariums

Latest posts