Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
When will you get to milk her?
Either tonight or in the morning. I may do it tonight because we have church in the morning. I can milk her twice a day if the kids are weaned. I think they are, if not they are close and I'll be able to milk her twice a day before long. :D I hope she isn't a pain about it, but if she is goat wrestling is fun anyway :lol: I'm looking forward to it either way! :D :D
Im glad!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:barnie She just called, still an hour away and they have a blow out on the trailer :th Waiting waiting waiting....they have no jack.....waiting waiting waiting.......they have no spare...waiting waiting waiting.....I may not get them goats.....waiting waiting waiting....... :hit

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You'll get em soon! Talk to you later tonight, we're going to a ball game!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
You'll get em soon! Talk to you later tonight, we're going to a ball game!
Yep in 15 minutes :D She just called, they ditched the trailer and have them in the back seat of their truck :th

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:rolleyes: you two. :lol:
James is going to start nesting on the eggs himself and talking "lamaze" with the mommy bunny to start contractions and Cindi's gonna start walking down the road to meet the goat lady.

:lol: anxious are we???? :pop

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
GOT EM!!!!

this is the momma obviously, and I like to have NEVER got a pic because my camera batteries are dead. It took me 7 times to get a shot!!! Now I gotta charge my batteries :p

OH! Mommas name is Bonnie! The kids are unnamed :D Who wants to help name them....one of each gender, I need ideas :D :D

That's the buckling in the foreground of the pic. The doeling is white with a couple brown spots on her back about the size of a golf ball. They are GORGEOUS and LOUD :lol:
2291_goat_001.jpg

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Yay!

Clyde?

Bonnie sounds Irish, you could go with that as a theme. Katie, Shannon, Meg for the doeling.
Sean, Seamus, for a buckling.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awwww .....

Your mama goat has the same color pattern as my sweet Nubi that was killed by coyotes ... I'd have kids 4 weeks old now too. :( She even has horns too ... I never see one that looks THAT much like my girl, since they are usually disbudded.

I hope she has the same wonderful temperament my girl had. And produces more milk. My girl would never have been a gallon a day milker, but she was SOOO sweet I had already decided to keep her forever, however much she milked. Besides, she would nurse ANYone, so if I had ever had a kid rejected by it's mama, I bet she would have taken it in.

I'm so happy for you that you got your goaties, FINALLY! Isn't it just typical that all kinds of things happen when you're anxious for something? But they are finally there. :)

Goatie bliss. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Yay!

Clyde?

Bonnie sounds Irish, you could go with that as a theme. Katie, Shannon, Meg for the doeling.
Sean, Seamus, for a buckling.
Those are good ideas. My DD already said we should name the buckling Clyde :lol: We're not keeping him though. I am going to try to trade him or sell him. Not convinced that I should keep a buck around full time. Too much trouble.