Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
Awwww .....

Your mama goat has the same color pattern as my sweet Nubi that was killed by coyotes ... I'd have kids 4 weeks old now too. :( She even has horns too ... I never see one that looks THAT much like my girl, since they are usually disbudded.

I hope she has the same wonderful temperament my girl had. And produces more milk. My girl would never have been a gallon a day milker, but she was SOOO sweet I had already decided to keep her forever, however much she milked. Besides, she would nurse ANYone, so if I had ever had a kid rejected by it's mama, I bet she would have taken it in.

I'm so happy for you that you got your goaties, FINALLY! Isn't it just typical that all kinds of things happen when you're anxious for something? But they are finally there. :)

Goatie bliss. :)
She IS very sweet! Funny thing though...she was disbudded...it just didn't take :hu That lady disbudded the kids too...hope it doesn't take either ;) I like my goats with their natural protection in tact!! Sorry about your girl :( What was her name?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Coolness... this is going to be fun to watch, really!!! :pop

I'm so happy for you!

I know of an old goat already named "Jamie", so that one's taken....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I could still name him after you though Jamie...could call him Spud :p :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I also thought of Clyde.

The name Bonnie means pretty. So, you could name the doeling something to go along w/that, like Belle, or Linda.

Good Irish names would be something like Sheila, or Moira.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think I like the name Dakota for the little girlie. It fits her. Still thinking about calling the little buckling Spud :lol:

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd save the name Clyde for in case you get a buck later, if you're not going to keep this one. If you do, you'd have to wether him and you still won't have a buck for breeding. That said ... I kept a wether I'd planned to send to freezer camp when I DID get a buck, and he needed a buddy of his own.

I love the Irish names ... so pretty.

Loved picking out names for mine. I took a lot of time and each one had to fit their personality or something about them. :)

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I think I like the name Dakota for the little girlie. It fits her. Still thinking about calling the little buckling Spud :lol:
Haha, I like Spud! :D

Latest posts