Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have a fairly long list as well. I MUST get some 100 year old sourdough starter!! They just keep adding to it keeping it going. There are starters that date back to the pioneers. SO cool! Ever heard of anything like that? I want some of it to start me some bread :D :drool

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Good luck with the relish! We have white cukes etting on right now!
I don't like raw cucumbers. They taste like watermelon rind :sick Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I never liked them. :hu
I hate them too! I only like sweet pickles......
:plbb to both of you. raw cuke with a little salt.....yumm

Pickled watermelon rind? Now you're talkin'!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
abifae said:
Since I'm just getting into salsas, relishes, and fermentation, I'm kind of free-for-all experimentation lol.

It's great. I figure I cannot be more than a Journey Man Chef (my Imooto's rating for me) if I cannot even make all my own foods. Pffff! :D I also need to learn more about cuts of meat, grilling, better knife work, sour dough, .... well, I have a list. A huuuge list. :)
I made zucchini relish last year (we like it better than pickle relish) and several cabbage-based relishes. I like to grab a cookbook and just try stuff!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:weee FINALLY got the butter done, packaged, and in the freezer! Now I need to get some of the other knocked out and cook supper. I dunno what we're gonna have. DH wants fried green tomatoes AGAIN :sick I almost wish they'd drop dead off the vines, it's all he wants to eat :/

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I have a fairly long list as well. I MUST get some 100 year old sourdough starter!! They just keep adding to it keeping it going. There are starters that date back to the pioneers. SO cool! Ever heard of anything like that? I want some of it to start me some bread :D :drool
You can make your own sourdough starter. You don't need 100 year old stuff unless it is just a pride thing then go for it. Making it is not as tough as you might think...folks 100 years ago did it! :lol:

Then you can put that handchurned butter on your own sourdough bread.
Yummmmm
//-... - //
Trim sends

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
Wannabefree said:
You can make your own sourdough starter. You don't need 100 year old stuff unless it is just a pride thing then go for it. Making it is not as tough as you might think...folks 100 years ago did it! :lol:

Then you can put that handchurned butter on your own sourdough bread.
Yummmmm
//-... - //
Trim sends
I've made my own before a looooong time ago. I just want some of the really old stuff for the novelty of it really ;) Either way, it's GREAT bread, and yes, some homemade butter will go nicely on it when I do make some ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I made homemade spaghetti with meatballs for dinner...it disappeared. I think DH and DD might pass out though :lol: They both ate like they were starved :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I killed my sour dough. I suck. But I need wheat and a grinder before I try again.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have wheat, but my grinder does not grind it fine enough. I have a hand crank, and it just doesn't grind well for flour. :/

Latest posts