Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Hey folks, things are fine. Not as exciting as you all are living. I did find a new quote to add to my signature at work today.
Your life is plenty exciting brother! Love the new quote :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
19 year wedding anniversary next week.....
Awwwwwwwwwww! TOO sweeeeeeeeeet! Have fun :D and congrats!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Fun? As TanksHill says, "roll on". Nothing special planned.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Why not? :(
DW is spending the whole weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) scrapbooking with my mom, DS has baseball tourney Sunday, after school/evening activities M-T-W. The rut isn't too deep, but it's there. :th

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Why not? :(
DW is spending the whole weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) scrapbooking with my mom, DS has baseball tourney Sunday, after school/evening activities M-T-W. The rut isn't too deep, but it's there. :th
:/ TOO MANY activities. You guys need to ditch :lol:

I have decided I think. I want to quit smoking by the time I am done with these parenting classes. EVERY time I say that though...I wind up not doing it. ONCE I did it, but then I started back when DH got home and was smoking around me. I lasted a week. If I can quit for a week, why can't I quit forever? Why should it matter what DH does? I want to quit. For the first time in my life I am having to take meds for seasonal allergy crud that makes it difficult for me to breathe. I never had issues relating to weather before this year. For the first time in my life...I am using my inhaler to treat my asthma :hide and still smoking?! Yeah, that makes a crapload of sense :rolleyes: It's SO HARD to quit though :barnie I'm frustrated just thinking about it :lol:

Trying to think of the money I will save, but the truth is, I pay the same for smokes as I did when I first started smoking 18 years ago :hu Not that the money saved wouldn't be significant, but it's not a HUGE motivation, considering. I do get sick of having to make cigarettes because we make our own. I get sick of looking for an ashtray. I get sick of having to remember to go get tobacco and tubes from the store, and sick of losing my lighter. So whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy can I not just give it up?! I hate it. It makes me mad though, the way some people talk about smokers like we have the plague, or we're horrible people just because we light up, and we stink all the time, or we don't care about other people because we smoke and "pollute" the air around us constantly. I really think I have kept on for so long just for spite because those kind of folks really get on my last nerve and I can't STAND someone trying to tell me what to do :rant

I'm not under any illusion that I would be "quitting for the kids" or for any other reason than I just plain old don't want to waste my time and money and effort anymore sucking on a stupid cigarette every hour or so. Soooooooooooo, I think I am tired of smoking and want to quit. I don't want to wait for the classes to be over to begin to quit. I want to do it NOW, today, this week at least, but I am not sure. It is more habit than addiction, and I know it is strange but I like the taste after all these years, and I can't chew gum, which I hate anyway. So I need a substitute habit and dunno what that should be. Anybody have any ideas?

I would prefer that anyone who does not smoke, or has never smoked, not have any comments talking about how horrible smoking is. Because honestly, it's not, and it just infuriates me. I do NOT believe smoking causes cancer anywhere except California :p If smoking causes cancer, it's no more significant a factor than packaged foods and/or pesticides and or standing behind a car that's running while ya suck up the fumes, or sitting in traffic. So if ya go to McDonalds, or get stuck in a traffic jam....you're just as at risk IMO. We villify too many things, and go to extremes over the one we personally see to be the worst and ignore the rest as if they're not just as bad. I don't think smoking is a good thing, but I do not believe for one second it is any worse than some of the other things we sometimes choose to subject ourselves to. Due to my asthma/allergies, and thinking I am likely gonna need more money, time, and focus for other things in the near future....I want to quit.

Sooooooooooo.... :lol: Here goes another probably lame attempt :p