Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Not trying to put you down, but just making a general observation. When most people look for a church they ask, "What can this church do for me?", when in actuality they should be asking, "What can I do for the church?". But yeah, pray about it and follow God's leading.
My only reasons for even thinking about looking is the distance and time to drive so far. We're on the road almost 2 hours every Sunday, and don't go to afternoon church for that reason :/ I LOVE my church...it's just so far away :th

I really don't think there is anything I could do for that church. I dunno how it is there, but here, the small churches like that prefer to stay small, and the ones doing what gets done in the church have been the same ones doing it for decades BY CHOICE. They don't want growth in any shape form or fashion :hu I like that our home church does, and that is what makes me want to stay there. From all appearances...this does look like "one of those" churches. I don't want to change to a church that's stuck in a self inflicted rut.

I want to find something that will give me an outlet to give more of myself, with or without anything in return, or I'd be just as well off to stay put. I have things I can do at/with our church, but the drive impedes any progress, folks closer to the church usually takes the jobs that require being at the church often. I'd LVOE to be able to help, but can't find a way for it to be feasible other than the food distribution because the local pick ups are more in my area than anyone else's :hu

I didn't wake up this morning looking for another church. Visiting the other just sort of happened, and now with all these questions *sigh*

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Our church is in a rut :/ Not by choice though...
Sorry Buffer :/ It stinks to be in a church like that unless you can figure a way out of the rut.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Our church is in a rut :/ Not by choice though...
Sorry Buffer :/ It stinks to be in a church like that unless you can figure a way out of the rut.
We are working on it. Actually discussing ideas about it in Sunday School today to mention to our Pastor. Any ideas? Today someone actually put a phrase eluding to that on prayer request...I love em though. I couldn't leave there, way to good people.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maybe start going visiting folks who have visited the church before with a call ahead. Or you guys could take a Sunday to do a church picnic and invite the public, maybe have some games for the kids, grill hot dogs and burgers and have kool aid and sodas etc. :hu it's low budget enough it won't break the bank, but will attract attention at the same time.

I have found that the elders often only want things that pertain to them, leaving the young folks out...which is who NEEDS to be welcomed IN to continue the church. There are a few around here like that.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Maybe start going visiting folks who have visited the church before with a call ahead. Or you guys could take a Sunday to do a church picnic and invite the public, maybe have some games for the kids, grill hot dogs and burgers and have kool aid and sodas etc. :hu it's low budget enough it won't break the bank, but will attract attention at the same time.

I have found that the elders often only want things that pertain to them, leaving the young folks out...which is who NEEDS to be welcomed IN to continue the church. There are a few around here like that.
That is what me, mom, and my friend came up with in Sunday School. Also maybe a Once a Month Sunday Potluck, and put it in the newspaper. The elders would be all for it, they are crazy about all three of us young saved people. So anything to bring in new people would be a hit. We need a revival there desperately...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:

That is what me, mom, and my friend came up with in Sunday School. Also maybe a Once a Month Sunday Potluck, and put it in the newspaper. The elders would be all for it, they are crazy about all three of us young saved people. So anything to bring in new people would be a hit. We need a revival there desperately...
Another thing that I LOVE that our church does is have a dinner every Wednesday night before church. It takes the edge off the time crunch to get there on Wednesday night by providing dinner for most folks :) You could put that in the paper too ;) Those who eat at the church pay a small fee $3 to cover the cost of food and drink there, and it goes back into the food for the next dinner and so forth. Any excess is given to missions at the end of the business quarter or put into projects for the youth group.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
That would be an idea, if we can get a crowd going. We have 15 regular members....I believe. I'd love for it to increase to 50 regulars, but it'll be hard to get there. Me and Mom are going to mention this next Sunday morning. See what they think...any other thoughts?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
That would be an idea, if we can get a crowd going. We have 15 regular members....I believe. I'd love for it to increase to 50 regulars, but it'll be hard to get there. Me and Mom are going to mention this next Sunday morning. See what they think...any other thoughts?
If I think of anything else I'll let you know ;) I hope something works for you guys. 15 people is not that many at all. The small church I went to today had about 35 in attendance. not sure how many ours has now..we don't really count them like most churches do :p

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our church has a meal every Wednesday too. That does bring in people. We also have alter prayer after church on Wednesday. It's funny I've been praying for a joyous revival around the world and today the pastor spoke of a revival starting with us and going around the world!