Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey Snappy and Dawn! DH is feeling better. It mainly gets to him at night when a front comes through. He is MUCH better now! :D

I have been on a "cooking" and CLEANING spree myself. I made mayonnaise and ranch dressing for me and the neighbors, made laundry soap for the neighbors, making bread, washing clothes in that stupid torn up washer :lol: , and got 300 stakes for the tomatoes and beans this morning. Next up is pizza crust for us and the neighbors :D Then I gotta make the pizzas for tonight, and then I dunno. More cleaning I s'pose. I'm so very hyper today! I took a nap before I got started on everything and I have more energy than a 8 year old :p I figure I better take advantage while I have it ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Canning tomatoes already?! We have duckies hatching today too. Only 2 though. Started out with 10 I think. Then we lost the hen. :( but we have a baby pipping right now. Ds is excited because it was his hen that died.
NOT canning tomatoes today. Gave them to the neighbor. I still have some left from last year I found when i was looking for jars to fill last night, so I gifted the neighbors that box of maters. I want homegrown anyway ;)

Sorry about the hen, but YAY on the babies :woot Mine aren't doing anything yet, but they aren't really truly due until tomorrow afternoon anyway.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
:bun

Trying to get your hyper to rub off on me!

Nope, didn't work :p
Neener neener!! This is me -------> :weee :weee :weee :lol:

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I NEED you for a neighbor!!!! Mine aren't all that great and not worried about helping out anyone else. In fact the "friend" I gave the chickens and pigs and stuff to, when I was planning to move and couldn't take care of them, wouldn't even sell me any hatching eggs but offered me baby ducks instead for $4 each instead of $5. I thought that was pretty sorry of them. I have always offered to help them and I even offered to buy whatever eggs he had left over.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I wish i was your neighbor too then, cause I'd hook ya up sister! Some folks are just all about money :tongue I don't like those types too much.

I got a bit of laundry done AFTER making 5 pizzas :D Then I ate and got too full to move for an hour or so :lol: so now I'm back on laundry. DD is cleaning that kitchen tonight :old :hide

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well, it's raining again, so another slow day :hu The garden is looking so prettiful!!! I must get pics soon :D I took DD to the Dr. this morning for her checkup, and got her A.D.D. meds reduced as a compromise for her not wanting to take them. She says she "doesn't need them" :rolleyes: I wish sometimes she had to put up with herself, and maybe then she'd see. I can tell when she has skipped her dose. However, she does seem to be outgrowing some of her symptoms. Maybe the lower dosage will get her to stay on it, and do better about taking it every day. She says it makes her feel weird. :hu So the dosage, which was already low, has been lowered on a trial basis. Maybe I won't regret bringing it up to the Dr. :p

I guess I'll find something to do in the kitchen today. I need to get my shelves set up and organized, so I will tackle that, and try to finish a few more loads of laundry. Too bad I'll have to use the dryer, btu at least I have one to use ;) I love NOT using it though, because our electric bill was down $50 this month from last month :woot I guess it'll be back up a smidge having to use the dryer, but it'll be okay :)

Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!!!! :weee

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i understand where shes comming from...theres a few of my meds i ONLY take when i HAVE to because they make me feel "weird" its hard to describe without experiencing it, but its like your there but your not...like livingin a watercolor painting almos,teverythings all kinds of wishy washy, nothign feels "right" or "real" or solid and you just dont feel quite there...almost like your living a few seconds behind everyone else constantly feeling like your lagging and you cant keep up and you want to care...but you just dont have the energy to try...its a very odd and unnerving feeling some of these meds leave you with...zombi-ish i supposed would be one description...
so i realy do feel for her...but at the same time shes a teen and young and a teen lol and she cat take that step outside herself and see how crazy her behaviour drives everyone else...and even if she could...its so normal for her that its hard to understand why others are frustrated by it.

I hope the lower dosage helps...there are also other meds out there that could be better suited for her...so if shes still having issues on the lower dose it might be worth talking to the doc about potentially trying a different type/active ingredient.

isee it from both sides..i KNOW how frustrating it is for the peopel around to deal with adhd, and other similar issues...
but i also know how many of these meds make you feel and while its not "ill" or "sick", it is distressing and off putting.

*hugs*

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think/hope she'll do fine. She has clamed down a good bit, mentally and physically. She yelled at me the other day though over her doctor appointment :rolleyes: That is the biggest problem. Instead of just saying something like, "Hey, I'm having a hard day at school that day, can we reschedule?" she starts her beligerent snarky crap about how she "can't go that day," and "you need to change it" but with so much attitude and bossy smart alec raised voice I wanted to smack some sense into her. :lol: I dunno how much of that is just teen jerkiness, and how much is lack of ability to control herself, but it pissed me off with a quickness. Especially considering I had five kids over at the time, and they all were sitting right there listening to her talk to me like that. She can be SUCH a evil brat some days :barnie But then, this morning, we went to the Dr., and run an errand, laughed and cut up the whole time, even made the Dr. giggle a few times, happy and SANE. Sometimes I wonder if she's bipolar or not. I hope she grows up quick :fl I despise teen years :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Cindi, my DD went thru a vegetarian stage. It was horrible to try and find food she'd eat. One day I was in the store and called her. They had veggie burgers. But, B4 I bought them, I wanted to check to be sure she wanted them. She got all snarky w/me! She said something along the lines of you know I don't like them, I don't know why you want to buy them. I was ready to choke her. I'd never bought them, so had no idea if she'd like them or not. I think it could be just the age to a point.