Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just as a side note, I wanted to ask if you have a tractor with a bucket loader? The reason I ask is that I haven't had to "pound" a post in for the past 4 years. My friend showed me how to stand them up (it does help to have someone hold the post) but bring the bucket down on the top of the post and just push it into the ground.
My JD does this really well. I can (assuming the soil is not ROCK solid) push a 6" pointed post into the ground in a few seconds. I am able to push steel T posts into the ground with my little TC 29D. It makes fencing a snap. If you are still driving those metal posts in with a post driver, I'd at least think about a tractor with a loader to help if you can find one.
Hope that helps.
Trim sends
//BT//

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wow lots of grapefruit! You can the juice in a BWB.....I have the directions if you want them. :D
Yes please! That's what I plan on doing with them :D DH loves the stuff!

Icu4dzs..I don't have one of those. We got all the posts in though :) Thanks for the tip, if I ever have to do that again I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Grapefruit Juice

Rinse heavy, solid, ripe grapefruit and drain. Juice. Strain juice through several layers of dampened cheesecloth into a large pot. Add sugar to taste. Heat only to 165 degrees. Fill hot jars with hot juice leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim of jar clean; place hot, previously simmer lid on, and screw down ring. Process pints or quarts for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.

Tell me how they do!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Grapefruit Juice

Rinse heavy, solid, ripe grapefruit and drain. Juice. Strain juice through several layers of dampened cheesecloth into a large pot. Add sugar to taste. Heat only to 165 degrees. Fill hot jars with hot juice leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim of jar clean; place hot, previously simmer lid on, and screw down ring. Process pints or quarts for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.

Tell me how they do!
Thanks Buff! I am going to try to do those in half gallons and see how it does. I have strawberry jam to make today too. I worked till 10 o'clock last night peeling grapefruit, slicing squash, and topping strawberries and still have one flat of berries to do :th I just couldn't do anymore and went to bed at 10. I JUST got up...wanted to get up at 8 but the alarm got shut off :/ so I overslept. I'm making chocolate chip muffins for breakfast when DD gets out of the kitchen. She's putting last nights clean dishes away and straightening up in there right now. Niecey may be coming over later, so I have to hook the game up to entertain her while I work unless she decides she wants to help. I still have to get that fence wire ran down at the neighbors too sometime this afternoon if possible. And I have all the laundry in the house to do :lol: I just couldn't squeeze it in anywhere this week and it has piled up to about 5 or 6 loads, but I think I can do that while the canner runs. So I have a nice long day ahead. Must get started if I ever wanna get done.....

See you all around later maybe :frow

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Still no ducklings. I don't think I was THAT off on the supposed hatch date...but still nothing :hu

Laundry is done. Strawberry jam and grape jelly is done. Grapefruits are squeezed. Floors are vacuumed. Compost has been taken out. Dishes are done. Supper is done. Tomatillos are almost done. Shopping (that I forogt about) is done. I still have to can the grapefruit juice too. But I am TIRED! It has been a long day. I'm vegging in front of the TV and computer for a bit :p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You should have some nice biceps now from driving those posts, eh? :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
You should have some nice biceps now from driving those posts, eh? :p
I had some before :p :lol: I have some nice near deafness from the constant clang of metal on metal though ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Did I really just post that ^^^^^^ yesterday?! Seems like a week ago...

Pretty annoying day with folks showing up unannounced and breaking off chunks of my down time with their meaningless chatter. I was SO NOT in the mood for visitiors today :/ I didn't get to go fishing, something came up I didn;t get to work on the fence either, and so basically I spent a lot of time running around trying to figure out how to reschedule that would suit ME better and still get some things done. I got very little accomplished. Seems like things tend to fall apart on Mondays after planning it out over the weekend.

So anyway, aside from that, it hasn't been a bad day per se, just a bit frustrating at times. I hope everyone else had a GREAT day to make up for my mediocre one :fl