Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Okay I'm done. I can only stand so much wallowing before it starts getting on my nerves as much as the situation.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of chicks to try to sell tomorrow at the flea market. I have 14 from last hatch, and have a bunch more hatching today. We'll see how that goes, nobody seems to be buying babies right now though.

I wish the Legbars would start laying. At least I could sell some eggs then hopefully. They are looking better anyway. No more funk with the fowl pox. The roo is almost completely cleared up, and the hen has been cleared up for a week now.

I might start selling off some animals. I'm thinking of selling my half of the hog. As much as I want fresh bacon and hams.....I'm hurting for money right now, and it just makes more sense financially to sell my half. I dunno what a half a hog even goes for, but I may find out.

I'm hoping the potbelly will have a BUNCH of piglets here soon. That'd be a nice little moneymaker in a month or so when they're weaned.

It looks like hubs is out of comission for at least a week with his back. It's really bad. He can't really walk right now. His lower back is where it pulled, and the specific muscle connects to the glutes. I have done that myself before, and it takes a week easily to get over it. Plus, he somehow herniated a muscle in his stomach in the process, which will take time to heal as well.

The pup is wormy, so I just had to treat both dogs. Thankfully we had the stuff to do that on hand.

Life is like a box of chocolates.....that a hippo sat on and smooshed..and is full of ants...and.... :lol: Ya'll have been "THERE" so u know what I mean :lol:

ETA: I got 20 pizza pockets, and 40 waffles done....so that's a few weeks lunches and breakfasts for the kids.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
chocolte covered fireants! yum! LOL.

i would definatly find out the worth of 1/2 a pig vs the worth of the amount of meat itll put in the freezer...i know cash is king, but if your going to spend that money putting food in the freezer anyway it might be worth keeping your half...
the piglets shoudl definatly help! *fingers crossed* shes deifnatly taking her time though huh?!
hurry up piggy...pop out those porkers!

gladthe legbars are doing better, after what youve gone through with that projet so far, you definatly deserve the break.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I need a vacation. :rolleyes: I can't stand myself when I get this way. I'm a raving idiot. I am stressed out, and stupid. Oh well...not the first time, probably won't be the last. :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*HUGS* (and dozer licked the screen just for you :p)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I just love that ya'll all love me even when i'm a spastic doof wad :D Dozer!!! Tell him he got his tongue in my ear again :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got 9 more tomato plants set out today. Cherokee Purple from Dawn in the swap :D I am looking forward to those babies! Next I'll be planting some Jersey Giant Pastes, and I already set out 4 of those and 22 Rutger's in totes to go in the greenhouse at the end of season to squeeze a few more weeks from them. I have pepperocini peppers, Tabascos, and Fish peppers to put in containers as soon as I get some more proper dirt :p

DD's sister is taking her to see the new Batman movie today. GLAD to get her out of the house for a while!

I have chicks hatching. The guy I was selling to doesn't need any more so I dunno what I'm going to do with them yet.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So DD went out with her sister and BIL...they were gone about 5 hours to see a 3 hour movie. No big deal, just with her sister. EXCEPT, I got a call from DD's boyfriends mom, wanting to know where her son is, and if he's with DD, because she can't find him, and his best friend can't get a hold of him on his phone either. Nobody knows where he is. So I call eldest DD to see if he's with them, nobody will pick up their phones. It was past time for the movie to be out. Wanna guess where he was found? Yep, with my 15 year old on a double date with DD20 and her husband. :somad DD KNOWS she is not allowed to date until she's 16. DD NEVER mentioned to us that they were picking him up, which is NOT okay with us after the bedroom incident a few weeks ago. at. all. Then she yells at us that "yes she did tell DH they were picking him up." So, to recap, his mother had no clue where he was, we had no clue they were together because nothing was ever mentioned to either sets of parents, nobody would answer their phone. When they pulled in, I went out and point blank asked son in law "Did ya'll go get DD's boyfriend?" His response...You'll have to talk to them about that. In other words they KNEW we were /would be upset, and I think they were helping DD15 sneak around behind our backs. Is she lying? Am I seeing it all wrong? Overreacting? I know I'm stressed, but I'm not stupid, and I don't think I overreacted considering the circumstances. I just want a second opinion, and UNBIASED second opinion. So, feel free to post what you all think about it. I am asking for what everyone else thinks. Go..