Wannabefree!!! homemade pizza crusts for make ahead......

the1honeycomb

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Sis I miss something I am looking for the recipe?
would love to make some pizza!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The OP had her own recipe she was going by.

Pizza Crust
---------------

1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. warm water
3 1/4 c. bread flour
1 tbsp. yeast

Optional additions, are oregano, garlic, basil, and onion powder....to preseason the crusts. These should be added to the liquid ingredients before adding the flour.

I mix ingredients in the above order because I do use the optional ingredients and they get evenly distributed that way.

catedav

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Nice thread it is. I find some new things in here. Thanks to all. I will make my own crust from now on.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Make sure not to pre-bake it too long. I did that, and they were quite unedible. Not to say that we didn't eat them anyways :lol:

cd2675

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:

Pizza Crust
---------------

1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. warm water
3 1/4 c. bread flour
1 tbsp. yeast

Optional additions, are oregano, garlic, basil, and onion powder....to preseason the crusts. These should be added to the liquid ingredients before adding the flour.

I mix ingredients in the above order because I do use the optional ingredients and they get evenly distributed that way.
Do you freeze this raw for storing it?

cd2675

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:

Pizza Crust
---------------

1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. warm water
3 1/4 c. bread flour
1 tbsp. yeast

Do you freeze this raw for storing it?

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My favorite pizza dough recipe is easy and quick.

1pkg. Yeast
1 1/4 C. Warm water
31/2 - 4C. Sifted flour
1/2tsp. Salt

Sprinkle yeast on warm water; stir to dissolve. Add 2C. Flour and salt.
Beat thoroughly. Stir in rest of flour. Turn onto lightly floured board
knead until smooth and elastic about 10 min.

Put in lightly greased bowl turn over to grease top. Cover and let rise
in warm place until doubled about 30 min

Turn onto board and knead just long enough to force out large bubbles.
Divide in half. Roll each half to make an 11" circle. Stretch to fit an oiled
12" pizza pan. Add sauce and toppings.

Bake in a very hot oven (450*) 20 - 25 min. Makes 2 pizzas.

I add spices cheese herbs ect as per my mood. A lot of times I make individual size pizzas. I put different toppings on them then freeze them. To bake I put them in a hot oven for 20 min. You can also freeze the doughnbrng to room temp. 20 min shape top and bake. We like being able to grab ready made pizzas and bake. Great to send to work with my husband. I also make small pizza rolls calzones and stromboli. Great for quick meals.
Monica

WyoLiving

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My pizza crust recipe makes enough crust for 3 pizzas. There are only two of us but we like different toppings so we each make our own pizza - then we have leftovers for snacking! The third crust goes in the freezer - the raw dough in a ball tossed into a freezer bag and frozen. We do that twice, then the third time we have pizza the frozen dough is removed, thawed on the counter till room temp, and voila - fresh pizza dough!
It is nice to have on hand for whenever and whatever - one dough ball will make two good sized calzones, a dozen pizza appetizers or whatever.

I tried it once with pre-baking, but with the amount of rummaging that I do in the freezer, the crust was broken and smashed before I got to use it. It seemed to dry out pretty fast too. The balls of sough seem to hold up to the freezer rummage pretty well.