Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
homesteadmomma said:
BarredBuff said:
Hi, how are you doing? I hope you enjoy your worm farm, mine is fun and the dirt they are in makes the best seedling mix. I use that and some peat moss mixed and my seedlings just thrived last year.
Im doing good! I cant wait for my worms! How are you?
How am I? Seriously I am so ready for spring, to get my hands in the dirt, to really clean out the animal pens and to just feel the sun on my back. I think I still have a wait though.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
BarredBuff said:
homesteadmomma said:
Hi, how are you doing? I hope you enjoy your worm farm, mine is fun and the dirt they are in makes the best seedling mix. I use that and some peat moss mixed and my seedlings just thrived last year.
How am I? Seriously I am so ready for spring, to get my hands in the dirt, to really clean out the animal pens and to just feel the sun on my back. I think I still have a wait though.
Im Ready for chick season! I finally get to get my Buff Orps! :woot

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
homesteadmomma said:
BarredBuff said:
I love my Buff Orps, they are so friendly and nice. I also love my Blue Orps and last year I mixed a Blue Roo with Buff hens and the babies are beautiful. Have fun with your chicks. I am on Meyer Hatchery right now making up my dream list. D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
BarredBuff said:
homesteadmomma said:
I love my Buff Orps, they are so friendly and nice. I also love my Blue Orps and last year I mixed a Blue Roo with Buff hens and the babies are beautiful. Have fun with your chicks. I am on Meyer Hatchery right now making up my dream list. D
Were they broody for ya?

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
homesteadmomma said:
BarredBuff said:
Were they broody for ya?
The only broody hens I have ever had were my either my Buff or Blue Orps. I have a mixture of hens in the chicken house and those were the only ones that ever sat and hatched out chicks. They were excellent mommas.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
Dh and I found out in mid December that we hopefully be welcoming a new addition to our family in August. Very excited about the prospect of having our final child.

Life has been crazy and I am exhausted but trying to catch up on my blog and hopefully on here.
Congratulations! That is very exciting.