Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went to church this morning, very thoughtful sermon and one I need to hear after I lost my cool and yelled my dh this morning. These pregnancy hormones are really making my moods swing but that is no excuse.

Woke up to a cold house this morning and had to turn the wood stove back up after getting home from church, it is chilly out there. I thought spring was suppose to be coming.

Sold 3 dozen chicken eggs today and have orders for 4 more dozen tomorrow. Also a lady contacted me through my email that a coyote had gotten into her chicken house and killed all but one of her hens. She was wondering if I had any more hens for sale. I replied I did but they had just started laying and I would want $12 per hen. The price seems high to me but I would make twice that in egg sales per hen this year alone. I felt bad for her situation though and she has beefed up her coop. I am meeting her at 4 pm to sell her one hen.

My ultrasound is at 8 am in the morning to see if the bleed in my uterus is gone and hopefully find out the baby is measuring the size it is suppose to be. This pregnancy has been hard with complications but laying it at God's feet. Perhaps we can peek at the gender too. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow so something should be showing in that area.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just weighed Priscilla the house goat who is living in a dog crate being bottle fed and she is up to 5 pounds. We brought her into the house 10 days ago and she was just over 1 pound. Will post some pics of her tomorrow.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't get pics taken of the goat today, I came home from the hospital with a nasty migraine and it is still hanging on.

The baby hid it private parts during the ultrasound so the gender will be a surprise unless I have to have another ultrasound. I asked if the bleed had resolved itself and the radiologist wouldn't tell me anything, absolutely nothing this time.

The chickens laid 19 eggs today so that is good as I have orders backed up- as always. It poured down rain all day here so I felt no guilt getting back into bed this afternoon and prayed for my headache to go away. Dinner tonight was homegrown ham (YUM), scalloped potatoes and green beans. Why did I used to make scalloped potatoes out of box, please somebody tell me?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Because it was easy? That dinner sounds yummy. Hope your headache goes away. :hugs

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Because it was easy? That dinner sounds yummy. Hope your headache goes away. :hugs
It was easy but not nearly as good as homemade, I ate way too many. I also truly had no idea a person could even make homemade scalloped potatoes, oh I have learned so much.

Woke up to another misty rainy day but the birds are singing and they sound so pretty. Spring must be coming. I am getting ready to take oldest daughter to school; dh took son and youngest daughter. All 3 in different schools so it keeps us hopping.

I have chicken eggs in the incubator due to hatch today. I can hear babies chirping in there but don't see any cracks. This chicks aren't for me, my friend traded me a 50 lb bag of chicken feed for incubating the eggs for her. It was a great deal for me as I planned on doing them for free.

After I take youngest daughter to physical therapy today I plan to go pick up a free Muscovy hen. She is 6 months old and the lady was going to eat her but decided she is too sweet to eat. She already ate the male but now doesn't want to eat the hen. I am excited as I sold the Muscovy pair I had last fall because we were in a financial crunch and miss them. To be honest the other ducks I have are driving me crazy with their incessent quacking. I want to go wring their lovely necks.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am writing this down in hopes I can stop crying long enough to accomplish something. The school called and informed us youngest dd needed picked up due to a 14 minute seizure. They had administered her meds at the 5 minute mark and it wasn't stopping it. Dh went to pick her up and I am so thankfully she is okay now. However today is the last school day before Spring Break so I stayed up late last night making cupcakes so the Kindergarten class could celebrate her birthday. She comes and goes in K as she can tolerate it. The kids are very kind to her and she loves them. So now they are eating cupcakes and celebrating her birthday without her. It is such a little thing but it is just one more typical childhood thing that she is missing out on. I am not sure if it is pregnancy hormones or what but it makes me so sad she couldn't share in this. I want her to have a typical childhood as possible but being non-verbal with no hand function and very little balance makes it hard.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if my dishwasher hadn't shorted out the electricity in the kitchen and I had running water and electricity right now. Or if my new Muscovy hen hadn't somehow managed to escape and fly off.

I should be rejoicing I live in the USA, have a home, family and food to eat but instead I am sitting here having a pity party. :hit

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry you are having a hard day.

Sometimes you just have to feel the sorrow and get it out.
God gives us a NEW day every 24 hours. A fresh start. Just tell yourself, One day at a time.

I hope things get better for you. :love

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs

ok so one of the upsides to being preggers is we can blame any outburst or upset on hormones. ;)

I hope you dd is doing better?

Latest posts