Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
YAY!! How happy I am to see you!!

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow. How cool we're only 3 weeks apart on our pregnancies!

I'm tired A LOT too, but really pushed myself today!

I am going to guess you're having a girl, too, since you said the cord keeps hiding things. My boys' were NEVER able to hide their "stuff" behind the cord, but my baby sister did!
The tech said his bet was on a girl also but he wouldn't put any money on it. I am really secretly hoping for boy. I have two girls and one boy already and my youngest dd has Rett Syndrome which mainly affects girls. The chances of it repeating itself in our family is next to none but I will just be happy with healthy!!!!
I understand.

For some reason I was thinking you had 2 boys and only 1 girl. Oops! Got that backwards! lol Maybe the tech and I will both be wrong, and you'll get your boy!

Regardless, healthy baby is the best order! :D

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Glad all is going well. Prayers for a healthy baby.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am sitting here and all I really wanted to do is go to bed but youngest is still outside swinging. She has been fed, bathed, changed and medicated but she is happy with the world and her happiness makes me happy. All except our stupid barking dog who I would like to go shoot.

I am tired, besides all the usual chores around here I shoveled and wheelbarrowed 35 loads of wet disgusting nasty smelling hay and chicken crap. I had been dumping the hay from the goat house and the chicken poop off the roosting boards and anything and everything else that there was in the compost bin. Well all of this quickly overfilled that area and spreaded out more and more and more. Then because I am either an idiot or a sucker the pig pen was full of rotten hay as I throw several bales of it in there last winter as it was so muddy and gross. Well there sit all all of this horrible, stinky mess that wasn't doing anything but smelling. It needed turned and badly. Last week-end a friend brought a tractor over but she could only do so much in the area she had to work with. So today I decided I could no longer look at it and here is before and after pics.

The overflowing compost bin:
IMG_2813.jpg

Another Pic of this Disgusting Mess:
IMG_2814.jpg

The rotting stinky old pig pen:
IMG_2815.jpg

The pig pen now:
IMG_2849.jpg

The more manageable compost bin and a CLEARED walkway:
IMG_2850.jpg

The BIG pile that is actually shrinking as the sun shines and the chickens stratch around in it:
IMG_2851.jpg

The AWESOME compost bin my hubby made for us (total cost approx $15 in parts)
IMG_2852.jpg

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is 8:30 am on Saturday morning and I would love to say how ambitious I have been, but really all I have did was feed the animals, collect the duck eggs, let the meat chickens out on pasture, started the laundry, unloaded the dishwasher and cleaned the pig pen. Youngest has also been medicated, fed and changed. It may seem like quite a bit but I have a system and it works well. I have been browsing Craiglist this morning, I have no idea what I am looking for, just looking.

I really want my turkey poults to arrive, there was a chance that they could have arrived this last week but they didn't so now it is looking like the week ending in June 3rd. Not that far off, but far enough for impatient me.

I posted an ad on Craiglists about chicken eggs and have several people interested in purchasing them. That would be nice because we have had a surplus of them lately.

It is cloudy outside and a slight chance of thunderstorms which would be nice. I love a good thunder storm.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
I am writing this down in hopes I can stop crying long enough to accomplish something. The school called and informed us youngest dd needed picked up due to a 14 minute seizure. They had administered her meds at the 5 minute mark and it wasn't stopping it. Dh went to pick her up and I am so thankfully she is okay now. However today is the last school day before Spring Break so I stayed up late last night making cupcakes so the Kindergarten class could celebrate her birthday. She comes and goes in K as she can tolerate it. The kids are very kind to her and she loves them. So now they are eating cupcakes and celebrating her birthday without her. It is such a little thing but it is just one more typical childhood thing that she is missing out on. I am not sure if it is pregnancy hormones or what but it makes me so sad she couldn't share in this. I want her to have a typical childhood as possible but being non-verbal with no hand function and very little balance makes it hard.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if my dishwasher hadn't shorted out the electricity in the kitchen and I had running water and electricity right now. Or if my new Muscovy hen hadn't somehow managed to escape and fly off.

I should be rejoicing I live in the USA, have a home, family and food to eat but instead I am sitting here having a pity party. :hit
The post above was writing two months and 1 day ago, today my dad tells me somebody called his shop looking for my husband. I asked him to please check the caller ID and tell me who it was. He checks and it was the guy that runs the city. My first thought was that our pig that we had moved out of the shop yesterday to his outside pen had escaped and was running through town. Now I am not sure we are allowed to keep swine where we live so I am living on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell deal here with the pig. I ask dh to call him back on my cell phone because I really don't want to talk with him in case that is what the problem is. Dh tells me I am driving you call him. I unwilling make the call and his wife tells me that my duck who has been missing two months is on their shed roof. I tell her I will be home ASAP but it will be at least 1 and 1/2 hours and could please check on her once in awhile. When I finally got there, the duck was still there. However when I tried to net her she flew off. She circled and came back and landed in the creek. I hiked down the creek bank and the gentleman who had called went with me. She really liked him. After hiking through brush, weeds, tall grass and breathing like a pack mule, being almost 7 months pregnant) I get down to the creek. I manage to wade in the COLD water and put the net in the water and prayed. About 10 minutes later, she swam over my way and I netted her. Then I hiked back up the hill with her. She is now home in a pen with a cover over it. I am so happy to have her back.