wanting a 30-30 rifle...which brand to get?

malibese

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Winchester is the old stand by in 30-30. They make several good models but, right now Mossbrook make a lever action 30-30. For the price and composite construction i would honestly suggest this for a newbie, no offence. It is well constructed, inexpensive and carries a decent warranty. it's new design makes it forgiving and durable. Good luck.
Kevin Matthews Sr. , Master Gunsmith

shaner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yes these are a dandy rifle. have a friend that bought one, shots great and priced fairly well

AndysHomestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments/opinions..... im still shoping for a rifle....still have my mind set on a 30-30...;)

Tatter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Another vote for the Marlin 336. I love the .30-30. With Unique or RL-7, if you reload, you can use cast bullets from a small round ball to Lyman 115 grain for taking small game. Want something bigger, go with the classic Lyman 311041 173 grain cast bullet, load up with 26 grains of RL-7 and you can take any animal on the planet, though the bigger stuff like buffalo and grizzly you may want to go with a larger caliber. I strictly have one rifle, the Marlin 336. Tis all I need and can take what animals I need to...game or varmint and makes for a nice self defense (keep the family safe) rifle.

Latest posts