Wanting to move- need financial advice.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cjparker said:
Murphysranch, I have to respectfully disagree with you about Washington State. Hubster and I moved here to SE Washington three years ago, from the glorious California Central Coast. We got an 1800 SF house with a finished walk-out basement on just under three acres for about $170, 000. We could have bought a smaller home on one acre for just over $100,000. If you are looking at the coast, yeah, fuggedaboudit, but SE Washington/NE Oregon are affordable and liveable. We love it here. Our nearest "neighbor" is an 80 acre fruit orchard.
Well then, I'm moving up there just as soon as I can sell....which will probably be a few years unless a rich Silicon Valley type has a hankering for 7.5 acres with vineyard, chickens, and new home. My daughter and my dearest 4 yr old grandaughter are in Vancouver. I'd love to live nearer to them! Your place sounds wonderful!!! sigh....

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I've got enough going on right now (wedding) to get worked up over moving out. I'm gonna take things as they come and tackle moving out when it's time. (sigh) Thanks for the eye-opener.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I can't see that happening. Your mortage--as others have said--should not require more than 1/3 of your income. A mortgage on $189,000, even at low rates (5% x 30 years), is $1200/month. That's not including taxes, repairs, all those things that just come up when you own a home...

I feel for you, but it would be so stressful to be stuck in a mortgag you cannot afford. Besides, in today's loan climate, I would be shocked if such a loan were authorized. Good luck!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
I've got enough going on right now (wedding) to get worked up over moving out. I'm gonna take things as they come and tackle moving out when it's time. (sigh) Thanks for the eye-opener.
YOU GOT THE ITCH!! :lol:

BUT SCRATCH SLOWLY :lol:

Yea you want to move forward in life and fast, but truly, take your time! all good things come to those who wait (a bit)

Latest posts