1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Maple Sweet Potato Hash - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

War with Russia?

Discussion in 'Emergency Preparedness' started by ninny, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Aug 6, 2013
    ninny

ninny Lovin' The Homestead

2. Aug 7, 2013
    heatherlynnky

heatherlynnky Power Conserver

Yikes, the europeans are really peeved. Regime? When did we get a regime? Ok..well.....I am mildly worried. Honestly our go bags are packed, we have outdoors skills to fall back on, we are pretty firmly entrenched here in the country, hidden away in the woods, surrounded by neighbors just as prepared as we are. So actually I am not that worried. The family already knows to throw everything they can in the car and head here before things get bad. Yes things stink here, yes our government is just as corrupt as our founders feared they would become. I think we are half way to having a dictator and an ignorant voting base could be the ones who make this feasible. I don't trust either party at this point. One is incompetent and the other is incompetent and evil. Seriously we can depend on God, family, friends and ourselves.

So if they want to start a war they can go for it. Personally I will be out in the woods and fields gathering herbs, mushrooms, and greens. When we decided to become self sufficient we decided to not allow this to be a worry anymore. Thats what I am planning on doing.

3. Aug 7, 2013
    moolie

moolie Almost Self-Reliant

:rolleyes: That particular "news" site is well known for its Russian propaganda and psychological mind games, if you want real European news there are far more reliable sources.

4. Aug 7, 2013
    ninny

ninny Lovin' The Homestead

Which ones please?

5. Aug 7, 2013
    moolie

moolie Almost Self-Reliant

6. Aug 8, 2013
    heatherlynnky

heatherlynnky Power Conserver

You can also try to make friends with some people from over there. My nephew is in Germany and my mothers family lives in Austria. We have a family member that works in Syria right now. My mom pumps them for information on a regular basis. Seriously don't stress about it. Stressing doesn't change anything. Take some kind of action that makes you feel better able to deal with whatever happens be it tornadoes or the russians. It will be ok.

7. Aug 8, 2013
    Neiklot

Neiklot Lovin' The Homestead

You can always ask the Europeans themselves!
    (Me, for example!) :)

But there is at least one thing, that ordinary european people think about the United States.

And it is that your government will always interfere with what other countries are doing AND they always make sure to get what they want.

The world is big, and it's not just you who live in it.

And we probably would not have been sorry if the United States could ever say, 'We were wrong' and fix what they have done - not just in Europe.

- - - -

Hugs and kisses to all!
    Love u!

Peace!

/ Markus - a small European man in a small but significant European country.

8. Aug 8, 2013
    Wannabefree

Wannabefree Little Miss Sunshine

Couldn't have said it better.

ETA: Except I'd like to add for those such as Neiklot who have an "outside looking in" kind of view...you know MOST of us Americans...are NOT truly represented by the 400 or so in Congress and the White House that make all the trouble for the rest of us to deal with, right? ;) Just wanted to give you a "little person on the totem pole" American perspective. Very few of us agree with very much of what the government does these days, and it has been this way for an entire generation. Somebody threw a monkey wrench in the works somewhere and started a total crapstorm breakdown for the rest of us :/ Americans in general aren't what the rest of the world perceive us to be due to our stupid government officials and their mostly hairbrained politics. Just sayin ;)

9. Aug 9, 2013
    Denim Deb

Denim Deb More Precious than Rubies

Where's the like button?

10. Aug 9, 2013
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

Can I get a big AMEN??!!!!