1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Maple Sweet Potato Hash - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

War with Russia?

Discussion in 'Emergency Preparedness' started by ninny, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Aug 13, 2013
    ninny

ninny Lovin' The Homestead

I read all the time. I have started reading during lunch and she has to look at a book too. Plus we do at least two story times a day. I also have her "read" to her sister. She just won't walk over and grab a book to look at randomly during the day. She would rather watch TV which is not happening. TV must be earned or it's a special treat. But when you tell her no she will go get into her craft station instead. Not sure what else to do.

2. Aug 13, 2013
    Britesea

Britesea Sustainability Master

hmmm. I know we never made them pick up a book or anything- they just saw how we would be reading whenever we had a spare minute. Now, I do remember that the youngest wanted to play games on the Nintendo, and would ask us to read what the characters were saying (no voice over on those older games)... and then I decided I wasn't going to make it so easy on him, and started being "too busy" to read the game stuff to him-- that really motivated him!