War with Russia?

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
My children couldn't wait to read (even though the last one didn't get the brain development needed to read until he was 9) because both of us read like a house on fire. The kids apparently decided that anything Mom and Dad liked to do that much MUST be fun ;)
I read all the time. I have started reading during lunch and she has to look at a book too. Plus we do at least two story times a day. I also have her "read" to her sister. She just won't walk over and grab a book to look at randomly during the day. She would rather watch TV which is not happening. TV must be earned or it's a special treat. But when you tell her no she will go get into her craft station instead. Not sure what else to do.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hmmm. I know we never made them pick up a book or anything- they just saw how we would be reading whenever we had a spare minute. Now, I do remember that the youngest wanted to play games on the Nintendo, and would ask us to read what the characters were saying (no voice over on those older games)... and then I decided I wasn't going to make it so easy on him, and started being "too busy" to read the game stuff to him-- that really motivated him!