Warning!! Don't bother opening if you're not of the Christian Faith:>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As long as we have our Bibles we'll be okay.......

and I can just imagine a day when this too will become a target like it has in other countries. :(

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:

and I can just imagine a day when this too will become a target like it has in other countries. :(
If you can, bury a Bible. Seriously. We did this. I ain't telling where either.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Beekissed said:

:hu Why...?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Beekissed said:

Good idea! My dad always said it was very important to memorize the Bible, and he has been working on that all his life...I really can't even memorize a verse now that I have left home...but I sure have alot of them from when I was a kid that he made us memorize:>)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, I may have done it out of paranoia, but I firmly believe there will be a day when they try to take our Bibles from us.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Well, I may have done it out of paranoia, but I firmly believe there will be a day when they try to take our Bibles from us.
Oh--- now I get it. I thought is was some weird voodoo thing. :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Oh--- now I get it. I thought is was some weird voodoo thing. :p
:gig No, we don't practice voodoo in this house.

Now, my husband's grandmother on the other hand.....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think I will have flown the coop with a SHOUT before this happens! :) Then noone will have known where I buried it!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am not of the Christian Faith - yet I fully support those of you who are. I think it's horrible what is happening to the Christian Faiths (there are many) in this country. I am of the opinion that the term 'Freedom of Religion' means just that, not that it excludes religion from society. I have no problem with people practicing their Christian Faith, nor any of the other good religions out there (no, I won't define good ;) )

I saw this thread when it started and was puzzled. Why exclude those who 'don't believe' from this thread? Freedom to think as we please is one of the founding blocks of this great country. Not everyone who doesn't 'believe' are against those who do. Maybe I'm an anomaly, I dunno..... But I do think you need people like me to stand up for you, because unfortunately there aren't as many 'people of faith' to stand up for these values as there used to be. I truly think this is the root of the downfall of the country, and I am so sad for that.

And I will always say Merry Christmas to one and all, if someone wants to take offense to it then that's their problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.