Warning!! Don't bother opening if you're not of the Christian Faith:>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
When they teach the Theory of Evolution in school but refuse to teach Creationism, this doesn't make sense to me. To try to eradicate everything Christian from schools and government, but advocate other religions and theories, and say we cannot discriminate against them is a big double standard.
Evolution is based on scientific evidence. Creationism is not. Which of the thousands of creationism stories shall our schools teach. If we teach one we should teach them all. Maybe our science class should teach of the unclean 4 legged birds too. Need to throw in those 4 legged insects while we are at it even though we have no fossil evidence of either.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
1acrefarm said:
Beekissed said:
When they teach the Theory of Evolution in school but refuse to teach Creationism, this doesn't make sense to me. To try to eradicate everything Christian from schools and government, but advocate other religions and theories, and say we cannot discriminate against them is a big double standard.
Evolution is based on scientific evidence. Creationism is not. Which of the thousands of creationism stories shall our schools teach. If we teach one we should teach them all. Maybe our science class should teach of the unclean 4 legged birds too. Need to throw in those 4 legged insects while we are at it even though we have no fossil evidence of either.
Evolution IS a religion, because it lacks scientific evidence, thus requiring it's adherents to follow Darwin's theory by FAITH. Evolution is a RELIGIOUS CREED based upon blind faith. There is not in existence one single piece of scientific evidence which proves that man has evolved upward from animals. It is impossible to prove any theory of origins "scientifically," because the very essence of the scientific method is based upon OBSERVATION and EXPERIMENTATION, and no scientist has ever observed or experimented with the origin of the universe.
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mevolu1.html

Florida schools are trying to teach is as 'fact' and they can't because it is not factual...it is a theory...
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=67709

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Gravity is a scientific theory as well but it must be based on some fact because my chair is not levitating.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Creationism is based on God's word.

Evolution hasn't been proved by Science, from what I have seen.

This could turn into a loong debate, and I highly doubt you will convince those of us who believe in Creation to change and believe evolution.

BUT, I will pose this question, if we evolved from monkeys, apes, or whatever, then why aren't those creatures still evolving into humans? or why do those creatures even still exist?!

And if we evolved from monkeys, apes, etc, then we are no better than a common dog, and we shouldn't concern ourselves with putting humans before animals, right?

Beekissed's point was simply if they are going to teach ONE then they should teach the other.

And, here in Ohio, it is actually ILLEGAL for schools to teach evolution as FACT! They are instructed to teach it as theory. If they teach one theory then they should teach the "theory" of Creation.

I remember reading Greek Mythology in highschool, and we read their version of how mankind was created (by the gods, right?) If they can take the time to teach Greek Mythology and fit THAT in, surely they can fit in Creation.

Personally, this is why I homeschool. I have explained to my kids the theory, and that is all it is, a theory, of Evolution.

What gets me is even Darwin on his deathbed recanted his statements regarding evolution. He himself admitted it (evolution) was simply something he suggested because he didn't want to believe in God. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of this joke:

The Atheist and the Bear
An Atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees"!

"What powerful rivers"! "What beautiful animals"! He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the Bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & Saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching For him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God"!!!

Time Stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer"?

The Atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could make the BEAR a Christian"?

"Very Well," said the voice.

The light went out.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:

"Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I respect the right of your choice to believe how you wish. I do not mean any disrespect to you or your beliefs with my post.

I remember arguing with my biology teacher and flunked the class (happily I might add) because I refused to answer test questions with evolutionary answers. I gave my test on evolution Biblical answers to creation. Best "F" I ever got!

I got a huge laugh over the discovery of fossilized seashells found on mountains and scientists state "This proves the entire earth was covered with water."
Well DUH! Noah and the flood! SHeesh, he didn't take water life on the ark :gig

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:lol:I have always loved the joke about the atheist and the bear.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what makes me really sad to hear is the argument that we share 98% of our DNA with primates and that is why a person doesn't belive in God. Maybe God created humans and the devil copied them but could only get so close...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
what makes me really sad to hear is the argument that we share 98% of our DNA with primates and that is why a person doesn't belive in God. Maybe God created humans and the devil copied them but could only get so close...
You know, never thought of it that way. :/

It can be proved that Jesus walked on this earth, there is documentation of that on the old scrolls. If that is true, then why wouldn't the rest of the Bible be true?

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
I have seen nothing in the bible indicating satan creating any living creature that I recall.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i never said for sure that I knew he did.. its just a personal theory, kind of like evolution, ya know to lead people astray.

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
RTRChick said:
You know, never thought of it that way. :/

It can be proved that Jesus walked on this earth, there is documentation of that on the old scrolls. If that is true, then why wouldn't the rest of the Bible be true?
There were old scrolls speaking of many messiahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.