Washing soda

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DUH--I didn't even think of breaking that down PER LOAD! Thanks so much for doing that!!!! I guess when I see that I know I did good!

Hmm...maybe next payday I will run and get 2 or 3 more just so I don't have to make it for a while. A small stock up before the price is raised...and I know that will probably happen..LOL

cool!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I buy washing soda AND borax at my local grocery store. If your store doesn't carry it - ASK.

Most grocery stores are very open to the customers suggestions, especially when the product is made by a company (like Arm and Hammer) that makes other products they regularly sell.

We also have a smaller grocery near us that will do special orders for you. This way they keep my business and I avoid having to pay shipping.

Farmfresh

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I remember when i worked in a pharmacy, located in a grocery store, the grocery store did special orders for customers on stuff all the time. I love home town grocery stores.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
At the price of my ingredients, my homemade laundry soap is around $.89 per 80 loads of laundry, as opposed to SUN brand from the Dollar General at $10 per 80 loads. :)
Beekissed, would you post your detergent recipe here, please? I know it must be in ten other places but I can never keep them straigt. I definitely want the recipe for the 89 cent version!

Cassandra

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I like my homemade a lot better than store bought for multiple reasons:
1: I know what is in it(nothing caustic).
2: the cost is about $.03/oz.
3: my house smells so good for a few days after making it.
4: I only have to make it about every 3 mos.

So for a low cost I get rid of more chemicals in my home & families clothing.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good point HM
cause even if the SUN was cheap, I realize I do make my own for a good reason, and you reminded me, less caustic!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It smells so good when it is on the stove. Even if my house is not really clean it sure smells like it when I make this stuff.
Illusions are great sometimes aren't they?

Latest posts