Washingtonians welcome!

jennspeeps

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I saw the threads for SW and SE Washington... anyone from the Puget Sound area?

jenn.

jennspeeps

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hi there!

I'm always on the sister site, backyardchickens.com but decided to poke my head in over here. I live in Tacoma, you?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yes, I'm familiar with you from BYC. I haven't been over there much lately, however. Good to see you over here too.

I'm across the Narrows from you, in Kitsap.

Kristy in WA

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just came over from BYC also. I"m in northeastern Washington near Colville. Love living here, and loving talking about homeschool, education, and now CHICKENS!!! My husband is such the homesteader at heart, so we are doing our best! Kristy

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi,

I also just came over from BYC. I LOVE this forum!! Right up my alley!

I'm in the South Sound area..Port Orchard.

(We just moved here from TX in October, what a winter for us to get adjusted to!!! We did fine, just as long as I don't have to live through another hurricane again!!! Try loosing your power for 11 days in 95 degree heat!!)

We have a small farm with tons of fruit bearing trees, mason bees, a giant garden, chickens AND finally EGGS! We also have bunnies, horses and two St. Bernards.

WE LOVE WESTERN WA!!!!!!!!:D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
We have a small farm with tons of fruit bearing trees, mason bees, a giant garden, chickens AND finally EGGS! We also have bunnies, horses and two St. Bernards.

WE LOVE WESTERN WA!!!!!!!!:D
I'm jealous. It sounds like you moved into an existing operational farm. How cool! We are building one from scratch. :p But we are making progress. We live fairly close to you too. :D

I'm glad you made it through the winter. Worst we've had in some time (20+ years) and last spring was our worst spring since 1918! HA HA HA HA HA HA. I don't know that this spring has been much better.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
The only thing existing here were the fruit trees. Everything else I did by myself. Even the fencing and cross fencing. Next fall a barn!! I may be too ambitious, perhaps a pole barn first and then add the sides etc later. I can't wait!!

I built the chicken coop by hand using existing materials found under the house. The bunnies live under the coop and have access to the chicken run and their own run.

I would love to hear about your progress on your farm!!!