Water...treasure

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey Boogity!! Yes, adventures are fun...and different...and challenging. I find it quite entertaining and enlightening to see what I can accomplish....on how little of money spent...or find other ways to be frugal and enjoy it. :D

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Since I don't ...ok..can't figure out the picture thing yet...I put a pic of the place on my profile thingy. This was our place when we got the keys last year. That is all weeds, bushes, etc....... :ep :th

Ed Nigma

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks a lot like our place when we moved in 10 years ago, only the house did not survive. Same size too, we are on 1 1/4 acres.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ed Nigma said:
Looks a lot like our place when we moved in 10 years ago, only the house did not survive. Same size too, we are on 1 1/4 acres.
Oh, it has been quite the experience. When we got here, DH told me....he expects us to "camp out"...for 2 weeks. We camped out...100 days. It took us 3 weeks, to just clear around the foundation. That was just laying down the bushes, trees, weeds, that were taller than us. We had 2 huge brushpiles when we got done hauling the debris to them.
It took us 2 months, to locate the septic tank. We have 2..possibly 3 on the place. We only had 1 building we could live in at the time. It was a store building, but, no water or toilet facilities. Or kitchen. I washed dishes etc from the spigot out the back door to it. We used toileting facilities in DH's camper.
The main house, where we live now, we had to repair and sanitize, the bathroom and kitchen. We got the keys to the place on June 1, 2010, moved me in by June 21, started working on the place nonstop...finally was able to move into the main house...Oct 1, 2010. I really , REALLY, did not want to be washing the dishes in the yard in the winter. Or having to traipse back and forth all night long to the bathroom....in the dead of winter.

Ed Nigma

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We did not except the house to be livable when we bought the land. Tried to save it as a workshop/storage shed, but, after developing a very severe lean we had to remove it. We moved a mobile home on the place to live in util we could build a small house a few years latter.

Those first years were filled with hard work and adventure, but, worth the effort.

Latest posts