Waterford Stanley Wood Cookstove ?

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They have the little camp ovens now that actually have a small oven and a cooktop. I believe they run on propane. I looked at one at our local discount house and they are quite nice and inexpensive compared to other stoves. As far as the wood cookstoves,..the Waterford Stanley is a top of the line stove and are very nice,..and expensive. My DH and I are going to purchase a new wood cookstove in the next year and we are looking at the Pioneer Princess or Bakers Choice. Also we are looking at the Margin Gem Pac's. These are all made in Canada by the Amish and are very reasonably priced. Wood cookstoves are a joy to cook on when you figure out your stove and how it heats. It is definately not like cooking on gas or electric. The food is absolutely fantastic cooked on them too,..and they have a very roomy cooktop which accomadates many areas of different heat,..from boiling to simmering to just keeping it warm. ;) I grew up with a wood cookstove,..it was my great grandmothers,..an old Warm Morning. My mother still uses it today and heats her home and cooks on it. I cannot wait to purchase ours,..they are such a great thing to have,...especially when the power goes out! Also you can get water reseviors with them to have hot water without electricity,...small ones that hold maybe 5 gallon to very large tanks with heating coils powered by the wood heat that hold 20 to 27 gallons of water,.....They are so nice,..can't wait to get mine!